Flames and boots....

General forum of the Red Baron War series
PatGarrett

Flames and boots....

Post by PatGarrett »

Towards the end of today's match (Nov7), I flamed and caused a boot (I hit relife 5 times, even have a relife key set on my joystick).... I apologize for that....but....
I wont mention names for today, no reason to...."**it happens", but when a pilot flames another plane, that plane is already dead/down...no need to keep shooting at it....when you continue to shoot at a flaming plane, it screws up the packets, and causes boot (packet loss is what causes boots anyway)....
I remember a few years ago in CW, a certain RAF pilot was continually flaming me (hacker), but then kept shooting me causing me to be unable to relife/exit.
He actually got me suspended for a week for "intentional flame riding"...yaaa...
I just want to remind all...that once a plane starts to flame, its dead....leave it be.....else you may cause a mass boot...

*S* ! and great match today all !!!! :mrgreen:
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

Re: Flames and boots....

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

Well said, Sir Pat! A reminder is a good thing for all! And it helps me as well : O

Yes it was a fun match today. I personally spent a large amount of the Empire's fuel and no bullets gallavanting (?) about on holiday in the skies : O

And thank you Allied pilots who graciously galvanized/changed sides once again to make both sides even.

I participate in American Civil War Reenactments frequently and I say to you all, that we have the same problem of manpower as the Huns in RBWar5. Many of the enemy, Confederates/Rebels , galvananize/change sides to the Union to even out the sides and so the Rebs can have someobody to shoot at.

Three cheers to those who fly with the Other Side to help make our RB experience one to remember!

Hip, Hip Hip, HuzzaH! Hip, Hip Hip, HuzzaH! Hip, Hip Hip, HuzzaH!

S! Jakoby
EasyTarget

Post by EasyTarget »

Sorry Pat if I was shooting You after Your started to burn... I could not member it exactly how it was...

I had also flamed on drome and many Albys were shooting on me. I was pushing Esc + Enter more times before it started to work :lol:

But was nice game, funny ;)
Salute from EasyTarget!
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Not a problem ET....we all make mistakes....I was just reminding all...we all had great fun today !....thanks !!!....alles gutte !!!....

Return to “General”