How about a RBWar Bomber Fest and Fighter Fest ?

Problems or suggestions for the Red Baron War series? Post here.
US95Pickett

How about a RBWar Bomber Fest and Fighter Fest ?

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, would you be interested in a RBWar Bomber Fest and a RBWar Fighter Fest ? I was thinking we could set it up along the lines of:

RBWar Bomber Fest
1) can run either 1 weekend (Saturday and Sunday), 2 weekends (1 day each weekend) or 4 weekends (1 day each weekend)
1) pick one (or two) of the maps from RBWar
2) strictly bombing targets only - no dog-fighting, no bombing home dromes
3) choice of any plane models
4) alternate sides, IE: bomber fest on 2 weekends, allied team flies allied planes in week 1 and german planes in week 2 on the same map (teams switch sides each week)
5) team with the most bombing points at the end of the tournament wins

RBWar Fighter Fest
1) can run either 1 weekend, 2 weekends or 4 weekends
1) pick one (or two) of the maps from RBWar
2) strictly dog-fighting - no bombing
3) choice of any plane models
4) alternate sides, IE: fighter fest on 2 weekends, allied team flies allied planes in week 1 and german planes in week 2 on the same map (teams switch sides each week)
5) team with the most fighter kill points at the end of the tournament wins

Your suggestions or ideas for an interesting tournament format that might be fun for all ?
US95Pickett
Harry

Re: How about a RBWar Bomber Fest and Fighter Fest ?

Post by Harry »

different idea...

just make the fighter fest for my week off!! :twisted:
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

It could be interesting with such a setup, but I have a few comments:

I do not like the idea of a bomber Fest where you are not allowed to shoot down enemy planes. If I run into an enemy bomber I want to be allowed to kill him to prevent him from bombing targets on my side. With the right selection of available targets and kill points, I think we can make bombing the preferred strategy anyway.

I also think it is more fun with restricted plane sets, provided that the match-up is fairly even. Otherwise everyone will end up flying the latest planes on both sides. (This goes for both Bomber and Fighter Fests). I enjoy flying the older planes, and would prefer a migration through the plane set as the tournament proceeds (as in the current and earlier RBWar tournaments).
Alternating sides is OK, it would compensate for difficulties in finding fair plane match-ups.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
Speshul ED

Post by Speshul ED »

the switching sides is part of the monkey island formet i enjoyed so much... everybody gets a chance at the spad so to speak...

when i first joined J9 the LE won a game i think they created... it was tam melee, five a side, but your friends showed as nmes... for the simple fact that they wanted friendly collisions to play a factor in the fights... it surely did too... you won't get four dr's on your tail if they can pile into each other... that would be a little too realistic... and feels great too btw... :mrgreen:

Return to “Help and Suggestions”