Too many pilots?

Problems or suggestions for the Red Baron War series? Post here.
FrugalGT

Too many pilots?

Post by FrugalGT »

S!

One small comment, I'm not sure if it's very fair for a spokesperson to enlist a large number of pilots from a single squad, especially for a smaller event like this... I think the sign-ups be first come first serve, and you can only sign up yourself. Looks as if 10v10 is going to be a little prohibitive toward letting everyone fly that wants to.

My 2 cents,
Erik
US95Pickett

Re: Too many pilots?

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Erik, I understand your complaint.

I may be mistaken, but I think JGS4 is composed mostly of Germans and other Europeans whose native language is not English and I'm guessing that most of them may not speak English or understand it at all. I certainly can't understand nor speak German or any other fine European language. If I wanted to join a match sponsored by a person(s) of a language I didn't speak, I would certainly appreciate it if they could sign me up since I probably wouldn't be able to do so otherwise.

Perhaps JGS4_AirSurfer could rotate you and J99°vonTrips in with the members of JGS4.
Or
If you or J99°vonTrips wanted to fly on the allied side the first week (I know it's not either of yours preferred side), I would gladly sit out week 1 or the entire war so either of you can get in.

Perhaps we should make it that any pilot who was on standby the previous week, gets first choice on flying the next week if they can make it?
US95Pickett
J99°vonTrips

Post by J99°vonTrips »

Thanks for the offer Pickett, but I will wait whether a pilot fails or I am fast enough during the registration for the next weeks. As an old proverb in Germany says: only the early bird catches the worm :lol: ;)
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi all!

Yes, many pilots dont speak english and normaly, we signup this way, I ask, and all who want, reply me...then I sign them all...this way, I must wait for replyes and many times I arrive too late :O)

I understend that in this tournament with a short number of pilots is unfair if I sign up almost all roster in one post...is for that I have posted after that another coment telling than if other more pilots want to fly german, some of us can steep back and act as reserves...in the first moment I wanted to sing as allied, but some was signed allready and did not see germans, is for that I decided to sign us as huns...

In any way, even if we have 9 signed, in ten days can hapens things and some maybe can't fly...as example, yesterday Toppo was with healt problems on hes wife, hope all go well and he can fly...also Nono want to fly but hes waiting a NET provider's change, and I hope isn't just the match' week when he will be offline...

Finishing, I want to say that if more pilots want to fly german, we can make room for them and to let some of us as reserves. If needed me or any of us can steep back.
FrugalGT

Post by FrugalGT »

S!

AirSurfer, thank you for your offer. I will wait with vonTrips to see if something happens and to see if I am needed. If not, I'll just have to learn to watch the boards like a hawk for the next sign up. ;) Send my well wishes to Toppo and his wife, hope everything is ok.
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi Erik!

Thanks for your good whises on Toppo's wife...She's lukelly bether now :O)

About slots, you will fly, you and all signed: vonTrips, Kestrel and Willi...
Some of us can't fly as Toppo and Jakoby...also Nono is maybe waiting hes NET provider.

Then, Hun Team need you! ;O)

Pleasse, come to the "Hun Team Only" foro for to discuse tactics, see the draft plan and to post your desired job in it, bomber or figther. T.I.A.
US95 Waldo P XO

Post by US95 Waldo P XO »

Salute All

If i understand right we will have a new server in use. Maybe after the first match if it is stable we could try a bit larger group on each side.

Waldo!!
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I'm hoping the Peer1 server hosting company will have the server ready today or tomorrow (keeps fingers crossed :D ). I'm paying extra on it for extra bandwidth so it should provide smooth game play and be able to hold a lot more pilots, plus it's on the major backbone of the net here in the U.S., so pings should be great. As soon as they advise me it's ready, I'll have it online and we can increase the number of pilots per side.
US95Pickett
FEA99 Willi von Luft

More Targets Please

Post by FEA99 Willi von Luft »

Salute You All,

The Bombers' Union would like to see more targets. I am afraid that we are going to run out of them too soon in the match. Also how about each side having two dromes vice one? I prefer not to fly from a dead drome.....bad habit to get into:)

FEA99 Willi von Luft
Resident Hun(ey)
Resident Target
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi all!

Personally, I like 1 drome rule, it give us a new thing for to think and change tactics for a good drome defense.

About tactic, I suport the likes of the "Bombers Union" :mrgreen: , some more targets would be good :O)...I think Allieds destroyed all targets and us(with 7 pilots) all less 2...in any way, it make the game to look for fights at last part, when targets are finished...also fun :O)

Return to “Help and Suggestions”