trying toupload a picture...

Can't find information you need about RBWar? Post here.
Hynkel

trying toupload a picture...

Post by Hynkel »

i want to add a picture (screenshot from tv,28kb size)to a post,dunnow how?!?
US95Pickett

Re: trying toupload a picture...

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Hynkel, I have all uploads to the server disabled for server security reasons. I try to run very tight security settings on my server - hope you understand.

You can, however, upload your photo to a free photo hosting service such as PhotoBucket and then use the Img link box (right above the text box where you would type your new post in the forum) and it will place the following in your post message:

[img ][/img]
(I placed a space in between the [img and the ] - otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the code)

you would place the url link to your image at PhotoBucket in between the ] and [ listed just above (and make sure there are no spaces between the ]your url link and the[

an example of the code you would write in your post to display a picture is:

[img ]http://yourimage.photobucket.com/[/img]

note: I placed a space between the [img and the ] above so you can see the code example; when you type this in your new post - make sure there are no spaces. This would display your photo in your post message.

*** If you are trying to display an Avatar picture next to your pilot name in all of your posts, do the following:

1) log into the forum
2) click on "User Control Panel" near top of page
3) click on "Profile" on left side of page
4) click on "Edit avatar" on left side of page
5) enter the url of your PhotoBucket image in the box area that states "Link off-site:" (you can also click on "Display gallery" and it will show you a large group of WW1 pilot photos that you can choose from for your avatar)
6) click on the "Submit" button to save your settings and the photo should now show next to your pilot name

Hope this helps!
Hynkel

Post by Hynkel »

cool :)
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

TEST
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

S! Pickett!

I am trying to use an avatar for my posts. I followed your instructions, but I still cannot upload an avatar from my photobucket.

I pasted the url link in the window. Do I need to specifiy avatar dimensions? How do I find image dimensions? 100x100 pixels are max. I tried auto detect dimensions several times to no avail. Here are two choices I'm looking at for my avatar:

1. http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n64 ... ldiers.jpg

2. http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n64 ... king-1.gif

I am not very good at doing things like this. Any help would be appreciated.

S! Jakoby
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...anyone having problems posting pics...I use Xanga (doesnt have the annoying popups and ads...PhotoBucket sucks, Imagevenue better) but send em to me, and I'll send you a link back to post.....
Jako, I "think" yours may be too large...send em and I'll fix, although the animation will take some time...need to reinstall my animated gif maker...
BTW...wont endorse a site, but "CoffeeCup Animated Gif Maker" is free and its great !
...just throw that into yer search engine, heh....
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, JAKOBY, I set an avatar for you from one of your links you posted, is the avatar of the drinking squirrel the one you wanted?
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

S! Pickett, Pat and All!

Yes, Sir, that is the one! Thank you. The other one is a bunch of WWI Scottish soldiers in kilts running to a trench. Not sure how it would turn out though.

Thanks Pat for the info, I'll check it out. Thank you Pickett for your help as well, I appreciate it.

Happy New Year to all.

S! Jakoby
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...here ya go Jako....*JUMP !*....

....the Dragoons themseylves and I hope ye don' mind, bu' I colorized it a wee bit to make stuff show...happy now, lad ?...

http://x66.xanga.com/f1af81f65853227409 ... 520545.gif

...I mebbe wouldda animated it too, but the original were a wee small...
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

S! Pat, All!

Dewd! That is great! That is exactly what I wanted to use! It does look better colorized. AND it can be animated, eh? I would like to see that.

I have two versions of that same pic, one a .bmp file and one a .jpg file. I will send you the link to the other file hopefully by tomorrow afternoon, if I finish painting my office/computer room.

I got the images of the Squirrel and the KiltBoys from a web site called GOT-KILT.COM. On the webpage is a slideshow of clothing offered on the site. I clicked on the picture and found a link at the top left to a photobucket album. I forget the site owner's tag...kiltboytoo or something like that.

I am amazed at the magic that can be done with this technology. Most of my technical/work experience involves fixing things with an axe or a hammer :lol:

The Dragoon KiltBoys image is my favorite. Jump! itsa rush!

S! Jakoby

Return to “RBWar Questions/Requests/Other”