RBWar 4 Week 8 Score - Saturday, August 21, 2010 3pm est

Harry

Re: RBWar 4 Week 8 Score - Saturday, August 21, 2010 3pm est

Post by Harry »

Salute! Monkey!... good to see your still hanging in from the banana tree.

Again, Pickett desgined this game, the rules, as simple as they were, had been posted. No one was forced into this tourney. But You and a few others insist on trying to make it "just another tournement"??? RBWar was meant to be fun, period! Again, it was simple rules simple game play and simplily TO HAVE FUN!!! I can't speak for the whole allied team, but as far as the GT were concerned win or lose we we're in it for the FUN!!! You and the others that want to banter on about how rockets were used or "vulching" go fly a tourney that doesn't include them, plain and simple!! ( cudos for Pickett at least he came through with a tourney to keep BR alive, what have you or any of the other whiners done to to extend the life of RB? ) My post was for the whiner that cried foul because he was vulched and rocketed, both legal tactics in this toruney!! ( btw did any one on the Hun side hear the Allies complain about vulching when they were pinned down at any of their home dromes!?... nope!! Cause it was accepted and part of the rule set of the game! Oh, and another thing did any of the Huns here any of the Allies whine or complain when we sent some of our teammates to fly with the Huns when they were short pilots!? No because we were flying to have fun, win or lose! ) RBWar wasn't developed to be another one of those rules up the ying yang, nor for the cyber lawyers to dig through hours/pages of logs to find some miniscule infraction just to either save face, gain a point or rub it in someone else's face!!!

I've said it before "READ THE DAMN RULES!!".

Again I am sorry Pickett, just can't leave this alone, it was a great tourney, many from both sides will agree, just seems those that couldn't field a "good try" or be a "good sport" are looking for any excuse for their poor show. Their whining shows their true colours!

I would also like to apologize to the many other individuals ( teamates and foe alike ) that showed up win or lose and still had a good time for a few hours a week, for my rant. I just feel its unfair for Pickett to have to see this, for all the work he put into it.

Harry

FragelGT ROCKS
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Go back and read my post about retiring Harry. I don't mention rockets or
vulching once. I place the blame for my leaving squarely on myself not on
anyone else. The problem I have with you is your attitude toward anyone
that dissagrees with you. You are combative and insulting and do your best
to stifle discussion. Labeling Dirk a "whiner" for expressing his views is not
constructive to the game or the community and serves only to feed your
overinflated ego. RB has been on it's last legs for years but you seem intent
on driving the final nails into the coffin. I am glad that you apologized to
Pickett but you really should be apologizing to the whole community for
your actions and attitude towards other players.

Monkey
J99°Dirk

Post by J99°Dirk »

I have flown many tournaments and was vulched some/many times... and that vulching at my drome has nothing to do with my opinion.

I don't like being vulched with rockets and bombs by fighters, if bomber do it it is o.k.

But as mentioned... and bach to the core of it... I don't like fighters used as bombers!!!
That is the point!

As one may have noticed I have not flown RBWar 4 missions 1 to 7!!!

That was because of the reason that I don't like the format of "fighter-bombers". Point.

So don't mix my "being vulched at the drome" and declare this as the reason that I don't like it.
I take every fight. Even if 3 of You fly around my drome... and if it might be better to play sitting duck... if I see a chance I will try.
I read the rules and noticed that using bombs and rockets are allowed. No problem.
I just flew the last mission to do my colleagues a favour for the "final" game of RBWar4.
But this last one fixed my opinion to dislike it.

Things like WF and CW are also good enough to prolong our participation at RB3D.
Maybe there is no real need to change it all to get the game alive.
I guess that there will be enough pilots that are eager to fly CW or WF.

Regarding RBWar... You got one less. I just don't like that format.
Watch Your six!!!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Way to go Harry! The community is dwindling down to just a few which means
that it can't really afford to alienate anyone, and yet you still do your best to
insult and belittle those that don't share your viewpoint. Way to go big guy,
you may just have sent a squad of about twice what your's fields on average
packing just to satisfy your own ego.

and your rant is any better? and calling me names makes it better... "bigg guy" ... I could a 75 bi-speckled unibrowed wart infested leper for all you know... but as alaways generalizing.

While I understand the whole "it's a war so we should be able to use any ammo
and shoot anyone at anytime" attitude and such actions are clearly allowed in
the current ruleset. It is one of the leading causes of pilots getting sick of the
game and leaving.

Again it was the only game in town... didn't see anyone else stepping up to the plate to offer any kind of tourney

Vulching was a part of war that is true, but this is a game,
not a war, and the point is for everyone to enjoy the experience. Along those
lines I would suggest that dromes be excluded as targets and vulching banned
in any future RBWars. Perhaps a page could be taken from Flying Coffins and a
bonus added for destruction of all targets of a certain type. Something like,
take down all the enemies bridges and get a 20 point bonus. It basically comes
down to, do you want a war or a friendly game?

"perhaps a page could be taken..." funny you suggest changing the rules up of "somebody else's work" but when a couple of other pilots suggested you change up Monkey Island... you said no!! Why not change it? Because if you did then you would have changed your intent of Monkey Island, not what you or what those that enjoyed it would like. Because Monkey Island is Moneky Island, to change it, would mean Moneky Island is no longer as it was intended. As far as a RBWar being fun or friendly
game, it was freindly, both sides had same opportunities. Both shared weaknesses and strenghts. The vast majority enjoyed it.

Go back and read my post about retiring Harry. I don't mention rockets or
vulching once. I place the blame for my leaving squarely on myself not on
anyone else. The problem I have with you is your attitude toward anyone
that dissagrees with you. You are combative and insulting and do your best
to stifle discussion. Labeling Dirk a "whiner" for expressing his views is not
constructive to the game or the community and serves only to feed your
overinflated ego. RB has been on it's last legs for years but you seem intent
on driving the final nails into the coffin. I am glad that you apologized to
Pickett but you really should be apologizing to the whole community for
your actions and attitude towards other players.

Monkey go back and re-read your first post... you do infact mention "vulching".
And I stand firm on my "whiner" conviction. And there you go again with the "name calling" what makes you so much better then anyone else? Monkey you lambaste others for name calling but right here in "black and white" ( not sure what colours the fonts are ) you do your best at name calling!! "combative", "insulting" and "overinflated ego"
Combative if you mean during game time, yup you bet it kill or be killed!! Insulting, if calling a spad a spad is insulting then I guess so. Overinflated ego, trying to figure where I flaunted my eggos, I perfer them with strawberries and whipped cream.
As fas as one disagreeing with anyone else, perhaps you should look in the mirror, hell look even at this Topic!!! Your firing up the coals now trying your hardest to toss a monkey wrench into the cogs. Hmmm!? Just like many another post/topic, by other authours you dislike or disagree with, WoV bring back any memories?
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Harry,
Never ever let anyone tell you that you are not doing a fine job
of filling the oversized shoes left behind by Rebel.

Pickett asked for everyone's input not just that of those that were
completely happy with the format. In fact I believe it was input
just like what Dirk offered that he was really after. So what great
service are you providing by belittling people that are trying to give
the input requested by the organizer? Oh and I never told anyone
they couldn't run a MI style tourny in any way they want. What
I did do was point out that none of the one's I ran had dromes as
targets, and my reasoning for that decission.

Monkey
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

Monkey,

I thought you quit the game .. if not .. I'm pretty sure if you'll participate, that Pickett might be willing to set up Monkey Island .. or maybe Murph would like to do Saturday Night Fights

I don't care what the rules are as long as they can be enforced and are applied the same to everyone .. RBWars handles the rules violations and scoring as it should be done .. ColdWar pretty much broke the ground using RBSMon this way to avoid all the ..

TRs, FMs, lousy dispute / protest system, political bs killed WarForces, RBWLs crap format helped it die a necessary death, IMO .. and ColdWar, while good
on rules and scoring use of RBSMon and logs, suffers from some pretty serious flight model (including *uber*) problems and damage model mismatches

I'm pretty set on building up a 3-4 period MMP, and the late war set, that could be built first, would be very good for RBWars, WarForces or FiF type formats .. means more competitive fighters available and 2-seater bombers

Might call it GreatWarVI, as I built all the model sets and did the screens for the GreatWars and have the experience :mrgreen:

Return to “RBWar 4”