RBWar

Post here with your ideas to design the RBWar tournament the way you want it done or think it should be done.
Muttley

Re: RBWar

Post by Muttley »

Thanks Pickett!
Name Sat or Sun and the time and I will be there! Select rules that are easiest for you or that you are willing to score.

I miss flying/bombing and look forward to seeing you all, my friends!!!
S! Muttley
S! Muttley
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

We need scheduled matches to get people online at the same time these days.
Why not run another RBWar while we discuss the format and rules of the next big event?

S!wordfish
I think this is the best way to go for now. Same rules as before.

Fog
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi all!

Good that we are already flying!

Some pilots asked me about why not to let fighters strafe ground trgts.. only bullets, no bombs or rockets..as it seems realistic.

Im asking for them, personally, I think this can be hard for to score, isn't it?...also, how the score program can know if only bullets was used, or the figther droped some bombs?...don't know...maybe I replyed them and myself lol...

If no, it can give a new addition to the game, at least for scort pilots ;O)

S!
AirS...
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

I agree with AirSurfer. Let fighters strafe ground targets be it planes, machine gun nests or the like. Gun ammo only, no rockets or bombs. Rockets and bombs would be negative points. (Think Pickett just had a heart attack!) May need additional scorekeepers.

Was just watching a Rise of Flight video on YouTube and pulling into a hanger was not even safe from strafing.

Some would like to see more fighter action. This is one way to help accommodate them as it may put more fighters in the skies.

Visit YouTube.com and watch videos on Rise of Flight. Strafing is quite common. Watch the movie Von Richthofen and Brown and you will see the same thing.

Fog
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

I agree with the idea of fighters strafing only.

S! Jakoby
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, the RBWar Tournaments are for the RB community and their enjoyment. If you want fighters to strafe ground targets, ok, no problem; fighters can now strafe ground targets :D

How do you want scoring to be done when fighters destroy ground targets by strafing (it's guaranteed that it will happen; I use strafing to take down certain types of ground targets without having to use bombs or rockets)? Count the destroyed target for the attacking team and the fighter gets the target destruction points?

Do you want fighters/scouts to be able to destroy targets but only with machine gun fire (strafing is permissible, but fighters can not use bombs or rockets to destroy targets), while bombers can use both bombs and machine gun fire to destroy targets?
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi Picket/all!

Good, it will add some fun for the scolts...;O)

About how to score, if we decide that figthers only can help to softening targets but not to destroy it, this will add the problem of to know when to stop to strafing for not to destroy a target and to have a penalty...maybe is eassier to let figthers strafing targets for to softening it, or even untill destruction, as big targets previously damaged by bombers or to attack and destroy little targets(RR, villages...), this way, the key for figthers will be to decide if to use many/all ammo on targets or to save some ammo for dogfights...;O)

We will agree with any decision you get, as organicer.

Do what you prefer for to make it eassy for to score and we will suport it...;O)

S!
AirS...
PS: many thanks for all the hard work you do for us!
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

How do you want scoring to be done when fighters destroy ground targets by strafing (it's guaranteed that it will happen; I use strafing to take down certain types of ground targets without having to use bombs or rockets)? Count the destroyed target for the attacking team and the fighter gets the target destruction points?
Perhaps RAC Swordfish can help with the distilling. Im not volunteering for him, but I believe he has the know-how...

All involved...please remember that proper distilling of log files takes time... A LOT....Pickett is already providing us with a war, so unless there are volunteers to distill and discect files, it cant get more involved than this. Pickett has a life too, you know....

...as stated before, perhaps Sword and Dirk could help....they both know how to read the files.....and.....for much, HAS TO BE DONE MANUALLY....

...why dont we just be happy for what we have...its either that, or I need to sell blood to buy the new sims......Im serious....
Harry

Post by Harry »

Good, it will add some fun for the scolts...;O)

About how to score, if we decide that figthers only can help to softening targets but not to destroy it, this will add the problem of to know when to stop to strafing for not to destroy a target and to have a penalty...maybe is eassier to let figthers strafing targets for to softening it, or even untill destruction, as big targets previously damaged by bombers or to attack and destroy little targets(RR, villages...), this way, the key for figthers will be to decide if to use many/all ammo on targets or to save some ammo for dogfights...;O
Exactly!! Well said airsurfer, fogelgt will agree as well... allow fighter/scouts to attack taargets. Not only make it more exciting but a challenge as well. As each team or flight attacking those targets will have to monitor the fighter/scout so as not to deliver too much "punch"? If your team/flight can't determine when enough is enough as far as the fighter/scout goes, then you deserve to lose the points.
fogelgt will agree as well...
hmm? ... fogelgt did agree.... (I'm a simpleton) anyways I agree as well.... allow fighters/scouts to "soften" targets!! That makes it 3 to 1 in favour.

Patty, Ithink your trying to make a gentlemen out of a fogelgt or mountain out of a mole ... how ever it goes... leave it for the teams/flights to decide, if a fighter takes down a target, so be it...team/flight made the mistake .. pay for it.... don't need a committee to "lawyer" it. Remeber these are simple rules for a simple game and maybe even for some simple people.... dang-it that "simple" word again!!???

FragelGT

Fragel ROCKS!!
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Hey Harry...next time you email that old Jersey F*rt, tell him to answer his PMs, will ya ?...I lost his mail ages ago an a HD crash...I wanna email him some stuff but dont wanna post my mail here....
And nahh...not trying to make anything out of anything, but many of the items requested require intensive perrusal by whomever is reading logs....thats why i suggested Sword and Dirk....they know how to do it, and between them and Pick, we can have fair results...IF they volunteer....
If we simply allow what you state, it allows for too many cheats to the rules...and its already been seen that there are some who do...
In FAW, we relied mostly on honesty/reporting and following the rules...many here have proven that they cannot do that. And not just on one side....
I merely suggested that if these added/modified rules happen, would be nice for 1 from each side to help PICKETT READ THE LOGS. Is that so difficult to understand ?
I agree with you wholeheartedly on your suggestions...dont get me wrong...but doing it "as is" will open up a can of worms that will cause the demise of RBWar....same as happened in RBWL and WF.....
WE wont complain, we usually win...but........dig ????? W e've already had complaints against "drome capping" (which was legal)....want more ?....
Pickett started this as a "simplistic" war to provide a venue for those who still fly RB....dont screw up this man's work and gestures, please.....

Return to “RBWar Development”