RBWar

Post here with your ideas to design the RBWar tournament the way you want it done or think it should be done.
JGS4_AirSurfer

RBWar

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi all!

I like many things on RBW, changing planes and maps, targets acording players, eassy rules...

-What about to add a second plane as bomber, one steep down(or more) of figthers?

S!
AirS...
Tornik

Re: RBWar

Post by Tornik »

I think so too. We need slow bombers and better planes as fighters! The easy rules are ok.

Salute!

J99°Tornik°Vfw
Muttley

Post by Muttley »

I like the rules and the game format. The rules are easy and I was happy to see it was treated as a game, for fun, and if the sides were off pilots would move to the other side. Love the recently added team switch each week, it really evened out any advantages in the game and put the pilots on a more even playing field. I agree, it may be more fun to have designated bombers.

Flying Coffins, that Monkey mentioned in another post, had a rule that:
bombers could use any ammo on anything,
fighters only bullets on anything.
It might be a scoring nightmare, but it gave some defense to a bomber being able to fire rockets or even bomb nme planes.
S! Muttley
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Does anyone have the info on the fighter and bomber progressions in War Forces? What planes were used for each week. I just remember the fighters and bombers seemed fair for each week.

Logs. I know bomb drops are logged but I do not remember if rockets were logged. Knowing what is able to be logged will make it easier to modify the RBWar format to allow for fighters and bombers and keep the rules simple, the scoring simple.

I am afraid of using patches. Some have trouble with these and if we stick to a stock install more may fly.

Fog
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

I agree with AirS, Muttley and Fogel. I prefer bombers to be different from fighters: bombers less maneuverable or a step or two below the fighters. Bombers use any type of ammo, especially for defense is a good idea.

Also, I did like the idea of one team sending over some of their pilots to help even the teams if one team was short on pilots.

As for patches, they are my worst RB3D nightmare. I have never been able to fly Cold War until the last tournament. If not for JGS4 TE, my squad mate, I would not have been able to fly at all in CW.

Te used a feature called Megaupload to email his complete RB3D CW I, II and III folders to me. I opened them up in a Sierra directory and I had an exact working copy of his setup. From that point on, I was able to fly every match. Te went to great lenghts and effort to help me, and for that I am forever grateful.

Bottom line for me is that I will fly any RB format to have fun. I enjoy speaking with our RB friends, no matter what language they speak :O I have met so many nice people in the RB community.

S! Jakoby
Muttley

Post by Muttley »

Lots of healthy chatter about other formats but I miss flying the tournaments at this point in time! We have a window until the holidays now to fly every weekend, then will be lost until January. So, in my opinion, let's see who's up for another RB War?! I'm in!
S! Muttley
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

I am IN!

Fog
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

in
RAC_Arnold Layne