update of WW1Aces.com forums

General Forum of WW1Aces.com
US95Pickett

update of WW1Aces.com forums

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I've expanded the forum to cover more WW1 subjects besides RBWar. Note the addition of the tournaments section of the forum which will include any tournaments such as the Flying Coffins tournament that is being currently set up to run after the completion of RBWar 6.

I'm also checking into adding an IRC Chat room and a Wiki to the WW1Aces.com website. I think a Wiki addition to our website would be a welcome expansion so that our members can write about and share their interests in subjects about WW1 aviation - anything having to do with WW1 aviation, such as squadrons, virtual squadrons, planes, weapons, etc.

Note: I have made Swordfish and AirSurfer moderators of the Flying Coffins tournament forums (sub-forum under Tournaments) so they can get things going for the upcoming Flying Coffins tournament.
FogelGT

Re: update of WW1Aces.com forums

Post by FogelGT »

For an automatic IRC chat you may wish to explore "Mibbit" as a client so people do not have to deal with the likes of mIRC, for example. Mibbit is Java based and does track on most servers as advertising is used to generate revenue. Just a thought that may save money and problems.

Fog
US95Pickett

Re: update of WW1Aces.com forums

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Fogel, actually I'm considering a program written in php and ajax for a chat room. I'm testing it on a test server now. My main concern is with security for the server (make sure the program is not vulnerable to xss exploits, etc.)
Thanks for the suggestion though.
US95Pickett

Return to “General”