something new something old...

Check here for information about tournaments such as Flying Coffins
Harry

something new something old...

Post by Harry »

How about a good old fashioned AFM server with a full out MELEE!?
Flybert

Re: something new something old...

Post by Flybert »

sure .. but leave out D7, N28 and Alb D.V due to ubering

in fact, stock AFM Dr.I and Camel were quite well done and a good match

SPAD 13 and Pfalz D.XII would make good fast bombers too, and are not a bad match fighting either

WvW 3.0 AFM for stock planes is a good non uber AFM , though IMO, the planes break too easily, and I'd prefer about 5-10% more power in all of them
Harry

Post by Harry »

but leave out D7, N28 and Alb D.V due to ubering

and leave the Dr1? Yer kiddin right? Just ask PC69_Hoogie or PC69_Klink about the Dr1...
You didn't get my request... I asked for an all out AFM and in Melee.. no team melee, no get the baron... and good old fashion everyman for himself knock em out drag em around no holds bar MELEE in AFM Mode!!

Are ya ascareded!?? come on it'll make a man outta ya... best way to learn to fly...

Ah the good ole days of chasin Hacks and malcontents... Vito, Katso, Bedwetter... hit and runners like Sour... course he would never step in a AFM Melee... chicken doo doo...

Anyways, I should talk to Hoogie see if he'd set up his AFM server.. but then not much fun with only two pilots... I'm callin ya chicken do dos out.. show me what ya got and leave yer speeders/bullet hacks at the door... just bring the skill!?

:lol:
Kazi

Post by Kazi »

Hi all !
Yes, there has been a lot of action and fun in the AFM Melee Servers. But this is long ago.
That are simple rules for fair Melee:
Dont shot on starting planes.
Let this planes turn and get some alt.
Dont shot from take off.
Dont take part in shooting chains of planes.
Search for single pilots to fight duels.
I think, the most of our currently activ young pilots dont know, how to use the übers effect to get outclassed alt.
The misapplication of this übers effect by some pilots was the reason, to be frustrated and leave that game.
I hope for fair play in new Mellee games!
Now, i find only very few or mostly no one pilot in all the servers. Are all flying Rise of Flight or is there no more interest?
I have seen the Melee server and tried it well. But always empty :). Ok, I will go on to look at that Mellee server. I hope to found pilots for duels.
(Mostly 20.30-00 westeurope time)

Salute Kazi!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Salute! Kazi,

You'll find a few everynight on Devilles server between 9:00pm EST and 1:00am EST

On the weekends they are shortly going to start Flying Coffins Tourney.. I believe start time is 3:00PM EST

Harry aka FragelGT aka J9_SpLaT
Kazi

Post by Kazi »

Salute Harry!
Thanks for that hint! I often was on Devills Hell Server and probed shooting practice and fly maneuvers around bridges.
In Germany it`s 6 hours later and mostly i sleep in that time. Ok, I will wake up and hope to find some fighters include you :).
Salute Kazi!
ps.: What u know about Rebell (RAC). He was one of my best opponent during a very long time in RB fights!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Salute! Kazi,

Rebell went over to IL2... he flies a B17 like a fighter over there... or something like that. Most if not all the RAF ended up over on IL2.
Some of the old RedBaron gang have split up and can be found over in IL2 or at RoF. US59th Pickett has a couple of servers set up at RoF, will be headed that way soon as I get a big enough computer to run the game.

Maybe we'll see you on the weekends in the Flying Coffins ... they should be running 3:00pm and 9:00pm EST, the 3:00pm EST should be a good time for you to fly?

Harry
Kazi

Post by Kazi »

Salute Harry!
Thank´s for the fast answer. Sunday i "maybe" will take part and fly a german plane exclude the Dr1. My favorite is D7. But i dont like a very big area and search for few enemies like needles in a haystack. We are few Pilots in RB and could play on the island with changing and repair targets. Only some simple rules for fighter and bomber.
Now i will look at Pilots in any server!

Salute Kazi!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Salute! Kazi,

Good to see you flying the D7 last night, looks like you weren't too rusty :)
You might be surprised as to how many show up for Flying Coffins, if most who flew the RBwars show, we should see full teams!!
We averaged 13 to 16 pilots per side in the RBWars toruney. There are still some who continue to fly this old gem of a flight sim!

Harry
Kazi

Post by Kazi »

Hi!
Today i checked the meta servers and only this two are activ :
[MetaServers]
//Server=TCP:66.225.104.67:6001 ; Tiger
Server=TCP:82.161.112.47:6001 ; Rens
//Server=TCP:85.214.119.184:6001 ; Longarth
Server=TCP:216.18.240.30:6001 ; Pop's

With the both Meta Server and no one known Server i got enought RB Server.
What happens with Longarths and Tigers Meta Server.
I will select some known server from my old mplayer.ini files and check if they are activ.
Who can also name such Server here?

Salute Kazi!

Return to “Tournaments”