RAC_Draegon

Re: Prelim Scores from Flying Coffins Fun Day Apr 9 2011

Post by RAC_Draegon »

OUCH! :deadman2:
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

still don't get why there are no death points listed, they are in all the previous scores

Shogun was to take the P D.XII as I recall ..

Pat's exit in flight was when he was flamed by Juanspain
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

Flybert wrote:still don't get why there are no death points listed, they are in all the previous scores
Flybert,

The rules clearly state that "Kill points (plane values) and Mechs will be counted by the scoring program but not Deaths." (Rule # 40 (i)).
The Fun Days before April 3 were scored with an incorrect setup of the scoring program which meant that all deaths counted as -4 points regardless of the cause of death. This was my fault, I was unaware of a trick used by J30 in the scoring setup to separate AA/mech deaths from "normal" deaths.
This error in the scoring setup has now been corrected thanks to input from J30_Gunther, and the scoring setup is now consistent with the rules. See the discussion in the thread "Scores from Flying Coffins Fun Day Apr 3 2011" for more details. I don't think it's worth the effort to go back and re-score all the earlier Fun Days.

Regarding Pat's exit, since Flybert confirms that it happened when Pat was flamed by Juan Spain it should not count as an illegal exit (rule #27). I will remove the penalty from the score.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Thanks for confirming that Fly. I didn't even realize I was being charged for that. May be hope for you yet.... ;) ;) ;)

"Just because we're holding hands doesn't mean we'll be taking warm showers together until the wee hours of the morning ."...Gunny Highway (Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge").

**S** !
RAC_BigBertha

Post by RAC_BigBertha »

S!

This is not backed up by the logs. There is nearly 30 mins between the kill and exit.

RED_FLAG 04/09/11-22:09:00 RAC_PatGarrett 67.80.202.89 exited the game in flight.

04/09/11-22:33:49|Kill of RAC_PatGarrett (NIEUPORT_24) awarded to JGS4_Juanspain (FOKKER_DVII)
RAC_Draegon

Post by RAC_Draegon »

I believe Juanspain shot Pat down more than once BigBertha.

The kill would not have been awarded to Juanspain in the match because Pat exited instead of relifing on the flamer.
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

I did NOT exit instead of relifing. never have once since 1998. And I exited AFTER relifing so as not to harden the target I may have been on. Thats SOP.

I only saw JuanSpain ONCE during the entire match when he attacked me....ask him !!!!, my other deaths would have been from collisions with Jakoby.

If Im being accused now of bailing intentionally, then I quit....Ive never cheated in my life besides on my wife and on death a few times.....this is becoming one big circle jerk now anyway.......Im outta here....
RAC_BigBertha

Post by RAC_BigBertha »

S! Pat

I am not accusing you of anything. Since I am to assist in scoring, anything that comes up, I look in the logs to become more familar and to understand them. I was just stating what I found. Sheech.

BB
JGS4_JAKOBY_34B

Post by JGS4_JAKOBY_34B »

S! All!

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I may have collided no less than twice with Pat Garret :| Apologies Pat.

S! Jakoby
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

RAC_Draegon wrote:I believe Juanspain shot Pat down more than once BigBertha.
The kill would not have been awarded to Juanspain in the match because Pat exited instead of relifing on the flamer.
I think Draegon's view of what happened is correct. I have taken a second look at the logs, and this is what I can find that has any relevance for this issue:

1. The incident at 22:09 (Exit in flight by PatGarrett):

Code: Select all

RED_FLAG, 04/09/11-22:09:00, RAC_PatGarrett, 67.80.202.89, exited the game, in flight., 

rb2Server0.log:
=============
04/09/11-22:09:00|RAC_PatGarrett has left the arena.
04/09/11-22:09:15|[JGS4_Juanspain]: sa34te
04/09/11-22:09:34|[RAC_PatGarrett]: Juan...when you flame someone, stop shooting
04/09/11-22:09:39|[RAC_PatGarrett]: S!
04/09/11-22:09:49|[JGS4_Juanspain]: s6rry
04/09/11-22:09:50|[RAC_PatGarrett]: I couldnt exit
04/09/11-22:10:09|[J9_EvilDwarf_DK]: the game is set to not record multiple kills
04/09/11-22:10:31|[RAC_PatGarrett]: I just dont wanna boot
04/09/11-22:11:24|[WWFlybert]: you did exit Pat was no kill message .. hit new life dude
2. The incident at 22:33 (Kill of PatGarrett awarded to JGS4_Juanspain)

Code: Select all

rb2Server0.log:
============
04/09/11-22:33:49|Kill of RAC_PatGarrett (NIEUPORT_24) awarded to JGS4_Juanspain (FOKKER_DVII)
04/09/11-22:34:03|[JGS4_Juanspain]: salute
04/09/11-22:34:13|[RAC_PatGarrett]: S!..almost RR
My conclusions:

1. It is quite obvious from the logs that Pat and Juan had (at least) two encounters in the air, one at 22:09 and one at 22:34.
2. It also quite clear that in the first encounter, Pat was flamed by JuanSpain (as confirmed by Flybert) and exited in flight.
3. JuanSpain was never credited for this kill in the logs, since only one kill of Pat is recorded for Juan and that is the one at 22:33.
4. The exit in flight by Pat at 22:09 should not count as an illegal exit, since it was done when his plane was flaming (rule #27).

So, the end result is that Juan Spain should be credited with another kill of PatGarrett.
With this, I consider the case of the exit in flight by PatGarrett closed, and I will adjust the scores accordingly.

I only have one more comment:
Although the rules makes an exception for exiting in flight when your plane is flaming, this is NOT the recommended action.
You should always relife by hitting Esc - Return, this is the quickest way to get out of your cockpit (only two keystrokes required) and it also makes sure that your opponent is credited for the kill.

S!wordfish
CEO and Scorekeeper, Flying Coffins 3

:cool2:
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish

Return to “General”