Next Flying Coffins Tournament

General forum of the Flying Coffins tournaments

Moderator: Flying Coffins Moderators

blackwolf

Next Flying Coffins Tournament

Post by blackwolf »

Salute All: When is the next tournament planned??
RAC_Arnold Layne

Re: Next Flying Coffins Tournament

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

Not sure Blackwolf...Swordfish will post it when it is time...until then the guys are flying on weekends for fun.Check Airsurfers post about the fundays...next one is this weekend.
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

blackwolf wrote:Salute All: When is the next tournament planned??
I have no plans yet for a new tournament. My real life will be quite busy during the summer months, and I also think we need to review and revise the tournament format.

In my opinion, the FC3 format with the plane selection rules created a lot of problems with our current two team setup. It worked better in the original FC tournaments where we had several squad based teams with 7 pilots each. I was also disappointed with the poor attendance, there were only about 9-10 pilots on each side in the actual tournament matches. We had more pilots in the early Fun Day matches, but we seem to have lost GT and US95 completely now. Only RAC, JGS4, J9 and a few independent pilots remain.

Monkey has proposed to me that we should run something similar to the old Monkey Island "Hootch" tournament format, and he has sent me some rule sets from old MI tournaments. I agree with Monkey that the Island map is probably better with the limited number of players that we have today. If/when I decide to run another tournament (which in any case is not likely to happen until after the summer), the MI Hootch format will certainly be one of the candidates to be evaluated.

As I have stated earlier, I would also like to test Rens new RFS v5 patch with NFM. I have made a few test flights in Rens RFSv5 NFM server, and it does seem to be a real challenge for a bomber! :o

For this reason, I think it is a good idea if some of the Fun Days during the summer months are spent in Rens RFSv5 stdFM server to try it out.

Have a nice summer, and I hope to see you all in the open servers now and then.

Best Regards
Swordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi all!

I agree with MI tournements, is fast, funy and good for a short roster...

In the meanwhile...many people is asking me for to make another Speed Cup Race...

Would be a fun thing now that we are on summer and no tournements are runing...

I would prepare a race map and to post it for to train, and to make the race maybe for september?...

The only problem is to have a server for the race day...the practice can be in any island server having the alpine patch loaded...

Also there are some ideas about to make a championship with more races in diferent weeks...and looking for the winer with more points in all races...

Whay do yoy think?

If you have some idea or coment...this is the place, also for to make a pseudo signup and to see how many people is intersted on it... ;O)

S!
AirS...
JGS4_JAKOBY_34B

Post by JGS4_JAKOBY_34B »

S! AirS, All!

Sign me up! I think we should have La Tour De Espana, beer plane and no bicycles :D

S! Jakoby

Return to “General”