CK should have no place here .. IMO

general forum of Canvas Knights WW1 Flight Sim
Flybert

CK should have no place here .. IMO

Post by Flybert »

Canvas Knights was to be a free IL-2 WWI mod .. Deutchmark has stolen the name the IL-2 community came up with, strung along the IL-2 community and the RB3D community for over 1 1/2 years .. took his 3D models and is now attempting to use Quality Simulations' Vehicle Simulator's engine to make a WWI Game that he plans to sell for $40 ..

I own the name "Canvas Knights" by virtue of owning www.canvasknights.com and www.canvasknights.net

If you check out http://www.hangsim.com/ , you'll see no mention of Canvas Knights .. though I have offered the domain names ...

From Ilan Papini, owner and programmer the sim engine:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Erik,

Please keep these names for now, and i may be in a position to take your offer early next year, the reason i am not taking it right now is that this project goes along slowly at this moment, and is partly a research option.

So far, there are many things to do/develop/see before i can see it becoming anything commercial, at this time it is a very small scale project shared between me, john, and a small group of others.

Without going too much into detail, when it becomes mature enough to show the world, i will seek any possible help promoting it, but it is not at this stage right now, and frankly i am not sure when it will be.

Ilan
------------------------------------------------------------------

to which I replied (in part):

Ilan,

Very good sir

I have another idea for you .. I have very large group of friends, some very professional people that were involved
with Red Baron 3D modding, 3D modelers, programmers, texture artists, WWI experts, netcode people, that I think
would be interested developing the WWI theatre from Vehicle Simulator .. perhaps help develop a rich singleplayer
and mission builder component .. perhaps developing a robust server-client for multiplayer .. 128 player capacity ..
anti cheat programming ..

From what I've seen reading all the pages regarding Vehicle Simulator, it has some excellent and unique features ..

For instance, having thermals modeled, having a light WWI fighter affected by them would be such a cool
detail .. something I'm sure Rise of Flight does not model.

Best Regards,

Erik

to which Ilan replied:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Erik,

I have been thinking about your email, and i think it would be wise to put you in contact with my partner Alex so we can advance this issue further.

Please share with us your vision of Canvas Knights \ WWI combat sim, and also how we can cooperate with the group of friends you have mentioned.

Please contact Alex at alex@-----------.com and keep me cc'd.

Thanks,

Ilan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myself and some others are currently evaluating Vehicle Simulator .. and I don't think it has what it takes to make a good WWI combat flight simulator .. Vehicle Simulator already has several WWI aircraft available .. you can buy and check it out for yourself ..

Deutchmark, IMO and in the opinion of several capable people in the IL-2 modding community, is a hack and a fraud, this includes the former members of the Canvas Knights team when it was to be an IL-2 mod

There is a group I am part of over at Special Air Services, the best of IL-2 modders, in a mythical "Superschool" forum that are working on bringing WWI aircraft into IL-2 .. there are internal betas , however I'm not yet allowed discuss details.

Bottom line is .. "Canvas Knights" is undeveloped and probably vaporware with John Marco developing it, and deserves no place on these forums, IMO ..

Return to “General”