Rise of Flight - hey Fogel......

general forum about Rise of Flight
RAC_Arnold Layne

Re: Rise of Flight - hey Fogel......

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

S! Easy good to see you pop in. I fly ROF from time to time and run into old RB pilots often. I've been flying IL-2 Cliffs of Dover alot lately also. Learning to fly the full realism servers in both is alot of fun but challenging. Nice videos btw... :cool2: hope to see you around.

Arnie
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke
RAC_Bandy

Post by RAC_Bandy »

I have RoF downloaded but I can't set it up because my Windows 7 and Puter is 64 bit.
:( I need some help here, any suggestions?
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Bandy,

You should not have problems with Win7 64bit. I run RoF on Win7 64bit Ultimate. Rise of Flight runs just fine on these systems IF your components meet the minimum requirements for the game. See the Rise of Flight site for what is required.

Some have mentioned problems with installing the game to the Programs x86 folder. Instead, install RoF to a folder you make called something like 777Studios or install in the Games folder that should already be on your system.

If you can post what problems you are having, it would help us respond.

See you in the skies!

Fog
RAC_Bandy

Post by RAC_Bandy »

I have Downloaded; ROF_FORWEB_1020.exe, and when I click to open it I get the following message:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32 bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I have a new 64bit windows 7 Monster system (dual quad core)that I bought to run this game. My sys specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

Now I'm told that the only thing this new puter won't do is scratch my nards :o if my hands are full as in the middle of a heated dogfight online. :mad2:
RAC_Arnold Layne

I've heard of others having that error message. Sounds like your system can handle the program just fine to me. I have windows 7 a 6 core proccessor 64 bit system and have ROF in x86 program files with no problems. Like Fogel said you should check out the ROF website I'll bet they have a thread in the forum about that error message and what to do about it.One possibility is that the download file is corrupt somehow but thats a long shot just a guess. hmmmm This was the only thread I could find that was about that issue http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic ... ows#p23464
Edmund Burke
RAC_Arnold Layne

Sounds like Fogel is right...I also found this bit of advice about it on the ROF site ----> "Install "as Administrator" and accept install with all the third party stuff (you can probably ignore the Adobe, but the other stuff is required).

The UAC for windows also imposes some file restrictions on the folder "program files(x86)", so unless you run and update "as Administrator" all the time you are best installing RoF to a different folder."
Edmund Burke
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Arnie is correct.

Even installing to say the Games folder, use Run as Administrator by Right Clicking on the .exe file and choosing it. Also do this for any skin packs you may download. Win7 has some interesting security tricks to confuse you.

Then set up the game to match your system. The RoF:ICE manual is here: http://www.777studios.net/ROF_Guides/RO ... nglish.pdf

Hmmm.....pdf. Guess you might as well install the latest version of Adobe Reader.

IT WILL WORK!

Fog
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Athought 64 bit operating systems are the norm now, very few programs are 64 bit. I can't come up with one gaming program that is 64 bit. All are 32 bit.

The only software I use that is 64 bit is Photoshop. So don't be confused. All Win7 64 bit systems run 32 bit programs. If they didn't, very few would ever be sold.

Still have problems after reading all this, call Tech Support where you bought your system.

Question: What graphics card are you using?

Fog
RAC_Bandy

Post by RAC_Bandy »

nvidia geforce gtx560 1Gb
EasyTarget

Post by EasyTarget »

Salute all!

I would like to write you that on J99 server we have on Tuesdays and on Thursdays flying days. Usually we start at 9p.m. CET.

Mostly we are fighting J99 vs AB1 :mad2: I think since next week will be there also guys from SPA124 :wink2:

Server is without password and you can join.

All is welcome!

More info on http://jasta99.de/ Enjoy forum and News.

For more information don´t hasitate to write me an email.
Salute from EasyTarget!

Return to “General”