PC For RoF

general forum about Rise of Flight
Hoogie

PC For RoF

Post by Hoogie »

Salute!

Just thought I would post my new pc specs for those who might be thinking of buying a new rig.

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T (This thing is HUGE)
Processor: Core i5 2500k 3.3ghz
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
Memory: 8gb Mushkin memory with CL9 timing(9-9-9:24)
Video Card: Asus nVidia 570TGX
Hard Drives: 80gb Intel ssd as my OS drive and a 1gb Western Digital hard drive for everything else

In total, this cost me about $1500 and I have been very happy with it. I can run RoF with all settings maxed and I will get about 37 fps or better. I have turned down just a couple of options and I pretty much run pegged at 60 fps(limited by the refresh rate on my monitor). For those that want to build a PC on a budget, I would look at an AMD processor. You could get a Phenom X4 955 or 965 and be sure to get a Black Edition processor. They are fairly cheap and can be easily overclocked from what I understand. 4gb of memory is good, but 8 would be preferable. As far as video cards, for nVidia I have read that the 560 GTX TI is good for RoF. For AMD, I was running a 5770 and it ran the game decent at medium to low settings. If you had more money, I would definitely put it towards the processor and the video card as RoF really seems to prefer the upper end stuff on these components. I would aim for a quad core processor and either the Radeon 5950/5970 or the nVidia 570TGX or above.

Anyways, sorry to go on, but hopefully this can be of some use to anyone who is thinking of putting a new pc together.
US95 Waldo P XO

Re: PC For RoF

Post by US95 Waldo P XO »

Thanks
Heres what i ordered yesterday. It should do the job for a few years i think.

I have a vid card i can install if the one with the pc don't cut it.

LX Black - Velocity Micro Signature Aluminum Case - Full Sized chassis, removable front door

Power Supply 850 Watt Velocity Micro? Power Supply - Nvidia? SLI? Certified

Motherboard Asus? Sabertooth Intel? X58 Chipset Motherboard with SATA3, USB 3.0

Processor Intel? Core? i7 processor i7-950, quad 3.06GHz cores, 8MB Cache

CPU Cooling Arctic Cooling? Freezer 7 Pro Rev2 Heatsink, Ultra Quiet Fan, Copper Heat Pipes

DDR3 Memory 6GB DDR3-1600MHz Triple Channel Premium Memory with Heat Spreader (3x2048)

PCX Video 1024MB NVIDIA? Geforce? GTS 450, PCI-Express 2.0 Dual Monitor (DVI-I, DVI-I, Mini-HDMI)

Video Tuning Basic 3D Video Performance Tuning & Optimization

Audio On-Board Integrated High Definition 7.1 Channel Sound

Hard Drive 1 1TB 7200rpm 32MB Cache SATA 300 w/NCQ

Optical Drive 1 20x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner with LightScribe Labeling Technology, Black

Optical Drive 2 20x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner with LightScribe Labeling Technology, Black

Media Reader Integrated 8-in-1 Flash Memory Media Reader

Network Adapter Integrated 10/100/1000MBps Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter

FireWire 2 Integrated IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports, 1 front & 1 rear

USB Ports 8 USB 2.0 Ports, 2 front & 6 rear and 2 rear USB 3.0 Ports

Operating System Genuine Microsoft? Windows? 7 Professional 64-bit w/ SP1

Internal Cables Standard SATA and IDE Cables

Keyboard Genuine Microsoft? Keyboard - Black

Mouse Genuine Microsoft? USB Optical Wheel Mouse - Black

Waldo!!
P.S. sorry i just cut and pasted so alot here i didn't need to post

Return to “General”