General forum of the Red Baron War series
Monkey

An explanation of sorts

Post by Monkey »

I want any concerned to know that my decision to no longer
play RB is not anyone but my own fault or due to any one person
in particular. I have just hit the wall, I am an abissmal fighter and
to tell the truth not much better of a bomber and I have realized
that I have niether the ability or desire to really become any better.
I apologize to any that I may have offended or upset. But when
you literally tear your joystick apart in frustration it really is time to
call it quits. I wish you all all the luck in the world and hope that you
are able to carry on playing this old game for as long as it is pleasureable,
but for me that point is long past and it is time to move on.
After tearing the stick apart I took the remaining pieces out into the yard
and smashed them into tiny pieces with my framing hammer, and it felt really
good like a weight taken off of my chest. I harbor no ill will toward anyone in the
game, in fact I know that I have many good friends in the RB community
it is just time for me to move on.

Monkey
J9 Mad_Dog

Re: An explanation of sorts

Post by J9 Mad_Dog »

I have to admit, Monkey, that if the game gets to you that bad, and you don't find joy in it any longer, then it is time to step away from it.

On the flipside I have found the game, for me, to be a God Send as it gives me, in my life, a sense of fun and comraraderie with some of the fine guys that fly this game.

Good or bad, it is only a game, but the friends that one meets is invaluable in my opinion, and it does help me to have a sense comfort.

Given that you have such intense feelings regarding a game, I offer this piece of advise!

Give it a long rest, and change your routine insofar as what brings you joy in this life?

I leave you with this as I have also had frustration playing this game, but have come to realize that it is just a game, and not worth getting on my last nerve, as life is really tough now, and people have a lot more to worry about than a group of guys flying a sim like this worrying about stuff like this, and that!

My motto is to "Just have fun no matter what"

Woof! Buddy!

Jasta 9 Forever

XO Emeritus

Mad Dog :idea:
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

S! Monkey,

I am sorry to read this. You underestimate yourself and your talents, as a bomber you are second to none and for many years you have been a well known and respected member of the RB3D community.

I also agree with Mad Dog's comments.
We all get frustrated sometimes, and need to blow off some steam. :twisted:
But still, it's just a game and it's a good thing that you only smashed the stick and not the entire PC! ;)

I do hope that you will reconsider and return to Red Baron when your feelings have calmed down. Until then, you'll be missed.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
RAC_BigBertha

Post by RAC_BigBertha »

S!

All the best Monkey. It was a pleasure meeting you and Monkeywoman at Rhinebeck, something that would never happened but for this old game. Enjoy life my friend...after all there's always football. ;)

BB
Harry

Post by Harry »

Salute! MONKEY!!

I have to agree with you, if its time its time. I too have destroyed a stick, more out of boredom then out of frustration. But alas, the game called me back. I took to it with a fresh new look, I use it as an escape, a "window" to humour and new friends. I am really enjoying the "second coming", I think you might in due time. Come back when your ready my friend.

Your on open chat comment concerning a particular Rocket will live for ever in my memory, and it only being Moneky will keep me smiling. :D

See you some time again!

Harry aka Fragel .... Fragel rocks!! :mrgreen:
J9 Mad_Dog

Post by J9 Mad_Dog »

Aha!!!!

Soooo, your Fragel, Harry?

I now know your disguises now, and we must do battle sometime soon.

Ahahahah, Your a Blast!!!!

Salute Fragel,

MD :lol:
Harry

Post by Harry »

shhhh... also known as J9_SpLaT, be on the look out this individual is dangerous and highly intoxicated

:twisted:
RAC_Arnold Layne

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

S! Monkey

I have quit this sim 5 or 6 times I think lol.Each time saying to myself "and this time I mean it!"

I broke a stick once but out of frustration because it was crapping out on me and got me shot down in an RB2 tournament that I was about to win.

I did quit once for 5 years due to all the hostile chatter and cheating I ran into on the servers.When I came back I ran into my old friend Lil' Sparrow one day and joined RAC.
Might be a good Idea to just take a break.Hopefully this sim will still be here when you decide to come back.

Arnie
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Monkey isn't going anywhere. When real life settles down he will be back. Red Baron has a tendency to grow on you. Can you think of a time you didn't fly but found yourself thinking of the game?

"WHAT THE #%$! WAS THAT!" will live on as the quote of RBWar 4. Still chuckle when I think of it. Don't know what I am referring to, read up. Harry caused it. Bad Harry!

Let the kids have the eye candy and push all those buttons just to get in the air. In Red Baron the goal is pure simple fun.

Fog

Return to “General”