Allied Sign Up for RBWar of Feb. 20, 2010 3pm est

US95Pickett

Re: Allied Sign Up for RBWar of Feb. 20, 2010 3pm est

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, PatGarrett, maybe after this war series we can change the planes. I was trying to set up a plane pair that was fair in NFM and not end up with a "superplane" vs a regular plane. IMO the N24 and D7 are matched fairly even; both take damage easily (neither is armor plated), the D7 can reverse quickly, the N24 is a good turn-fighter, both seem to be similar in climb abilities. I think it will come down to who has the elevation advantage and better aiming, similar to tactics in WW1.

Lets try out this plane pair match-up and if it turns out an unfair match-up, then we can switch to a plane pairing that the majority agrees would be fair for both sides.
US95Pickett
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

S! Sir....and Kudos to you for doing this BTW !....I had hoped for a CW resurrection, but alas.......sad that people who claim to do things dont.....you Sir however, have presented a nice miniwar.......
I began flying RB with RB2 in 1999....and in NFM, IMO and to many individual's opinions, the N24 is best matched to the D3Alb.....but, as stated, it IS your war....was merely a suggestion Sir....I just feel its going to be an Allied slaughter and many will get disappointed before it ever takes off.....
And just a suggestion.....what about 2 plane choices each side.....one bomber, one fighter....
FokkD7/Spad13....Alb3 vs N24........these seem to be more matched to me after flying many years...on either side.....

S!

Lt Garrett RAC
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, PatGarrett, rgr, I appreciate your opinion about plane match-ups. Over at the WOV forum, a pilot stated he was of the opinion the D7 would be an inferior choice against the N24 because of the D7 taking damage so easily, so he wouldn't be interested in RBWar.

Let's give the D7 and N24 match-up a chance, if the majority feel it is an unreasonable match-up, we can very easily change the plane match-up quickly to a pair that the majority of pilots agree with.

IMO the Alb D3 is a fair plane but it's climb rate is very poor versus the good climb rate of the N24. There are many pilots (in the past anyways) that would believe the match-up of the D7 v Spad 13 would be an unfair advantage to the Spad 13. But again, I'm willing to change the plane match-up if the majority of pilots want and agree with it.

My main reason for creating the RBWar was to try and alleviate the large amount of complicated rules; try to alleviate the rules lawyering and problems of past tournaments; try to make the targets and dromes even but yet provide a challenge for war planning for both offense and defense; and provide a war format that hopefully will be enjoyable for the majority of pilots. That may not be possible though. The last War Forces almost didn't happen and there were many squabbles about it. I hope that doesn't happen with RBWar because the RB community is small enough as it is :(

In regards to having a separate bomber and fighter, it's much easier scoring and checking logs to have just one plane that bombs and fights.
US95Pickett
RAC_von polheim

Post by RAC_von polheim »

S! Sign me up
RAC_POPS

Post by RAC_POPS »

in if im not to late :mrgreen:
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, the password for the RBWar Tournament Server is the same as for the RBWar TeamSpeak server:

RBWar_fun

Return to “RBWar 1”