War Forces Planning

Post here with your ideas to design a new or old tournament the way you want it done or think it should be done.
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

Re: War Forces Planning

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

[quote="JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT"]Hey Trouble!! Long time no see. You ever finish yer jail time in Dayton last year when you tried to outrun Officer Friendly? LOL You are the MAN : O

Personally Trub, I think the pink bunny slippers would look good with the black kilt, what do you think?

I'm in for the bunny slippers!

S! JGS4Jakoby34B[_LT/color][/quote]

sorry supposed to be in pink : /
RAC_Arnold Layne

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

S! Trouble

Long time no see.

Whatever is finally agreed upon I'm up for.I usually stay out of these discussions mainly because I've not huch experience being a part of planning or creating an event in RB3D.It would be nice to find a way to avoid the snaffu that happened last time though.If you think your ideas will help us Trouble that would be great.
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Where did T come from. I thought he abandoned us.

Anyhow, in my mind I am trying to rationalize why fighters cannot support bombers bombing an active drome with planes spawning if the fighters cannot shoot the bombers on the field. Now the bombers can defend themselves while bombing by shooting the spawners but is that also vulching while in the act of bombing and protecting themselves?

So I say allow bombers to bomb and shoot spawners. Allow fighters the use of machine gun ammo only to take down MG/AA nests and shoot spawners in support of the bombers. Any use of bombs and rockets is logged. Fighters drop a bomb and shoot a rocket, they pay the price. Same for a fighter downing a target.

Allow what can't be policed by the logs.

Destroyed versus hardened dromes or dromes that do not repair. Here I have to agree with T4U. So many have not learned how to recognize a destroyed drome. It is not that hard. If sirens are still up and going off, it is not down. If the small structures are still up, the drome is not down. Sure way of knowing is if all the trenches are spread. If they are, the drome is more than likely destroyed if no other small structures are up. Does anyone have pictures or will take pictures of what a downed drome and a hardened drome looks like?

If I am coming in for a landing and see damage to the home drome, I check the small buildings and trenches from the air. If I spawn, I check by using the POV on the top of the joystick. TS comes in handy for passing information and someone else can possibly check if in doubt.

Yes, we will take from the prior rules. Each year the rules were revised from what was learned. Then T did write a simplified version. The attempt here is to know what other players are thinking and then to write a simple set of rules to follow.

Fog
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hiya Trouble!!

Still we are no further ahead.... wheres those fellows that Waldo mentioned!? So far its been a one sided discussion, nothing from the "others"!?

Come on guys they are trying to get a decent tourney going here and those that complained or had concerns about RBWar, haven't responed... ball is in your court!
Add your 2 cents, have your say, speak your mind, speak now or for ever hold yer peace.... real "simple".
*ÅÅ* Trouble4u

Post by *ÅÅ* Trouble4u »

S! ALL,

It is great to chat with ya all, I do miss hangin out with you guys.

On the one hand I agree with you that hearing from those who are quiet and then complain later would be good. I don't think its anything to concern yourselves with. The fact that they play is proof enough that your work here is appreciated.

You are on the right track, all you need to do is write the rules based on what can and can't be enforced by the data in the logs. RBSMons gives you every thing you need to make the game fun and fair. The War forces format only has the 1 problem which is the single "gray" area in writing the rules and that is the case of aerodromes being destroyed or hardened.
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

-SALUTE!- All

Just had a read of the rules. I dont know what all the fuss is about. Looks pretty clear cut to me.

When do we start?
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

Harry,

You've obviously not scored matches with RBSMon ..

Reported or not, home dromes and where pilots move to are looked
at .. easy the way RBSMon files output
Harry

Post by Harry »

Harry,

You've obviously not scored matches with RBSMon ..

Well you see Fly, ... if ya had read my posts... I'm asking what Mons can and can not see. (rather obvious I have no experience in this RBSMons you talk of... like I have to tell FogelGT, when he complains about not hearing or seeing me... I have to remind him to don his hearing aids and pull his reading glasses off the top of his head and put em on his nose ... so I guess I ought to remind you too?)... thats why I asked my questions!

You've only answered one question... about dromes, but what about those that "relife" rather then fly home to rearm? Or how about those that are unable to RTB due to a badly damaged plane and "simply" land in "no-man's land" and wait out the kill? Does or can RBSMons catch these as well? I think these last two infractions are just as important as to which drome one flies from.

Return to “Other Tournament Development”