MPLAYER.INI

Can't find information you need about RBWar? Post here.
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

MPLAYER.INI

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

S! All!

I have a clean install of RB3D from the RB3D diskbut I cannot get the mplayer.ini file to work. Fogel, Willi, and a few others have sent me their mplayer file. I saved it to the Red Baron folder, overwrote the existing file and the Gold Room is still empty.

Do I need a 1078 patch or any other files to make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

S! Jakoby
US95Pickett

Re: MPLAYER.INI

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Jakoby, rgr, you need to download and install the 1078 patch - it allows you to see all of the servers.

You can download the 1078 patch from HERE

Also, make sure your mplayer.ini file has the following in it (the mplayer.ini file is usually located at C:\SIERRA\RedBaron3D\mplayer.ini - or something similar):

[MetaServers]
Server=TCP:66.225.104.67:6001 ; Tiger
Server=TCP:82.161.112.47:6001 ; Rens
//Server=TCP:85.214.119.184:6001 ; Longarth
Server=TCP:216.18.240.30:6001 ; Pop's

US95Pickett

EDIT: updated to Rens new ip address as of 24 Jan 2011
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

S! Pickett!

Thank you, Sir! That fixed the problem. I am still learning about how to make a working

RB3D install. With my clean install now as is, I have an FPS of about 98-100! Never

seen that on my machine before :P

Do I need to get a glide wrapper to use the ALT-T function?

S! Jakoby
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, rgr Jakoby, to use the alt-t, if you don't have one of the old VooDoo video cards, you would need to download and install a glide wrapper.

I think the dgVooDoo glide wrapper is what a lot of RB3D pilots use. You can download it directly from here:
http://www.freeweb.hu/dege/dgVoodoo1.50Beta2.zip

It has a text file that explains how to install it.

Although I have one of the old VooDoo cards installed on an old computer for RB3D and therefore don't use it (the glide wrapper), I'm sure others on the forum should be able to help you with it if you have any problems trying to install it.

If anyone has better suggestions for a glide wrapper for Jakoby, please post!!!
US95Pickett
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

S! Pickett, All!

Thank you again for your help, Pickett. The Glide wrapper you offered did the trick. Although my FPS dropped from 98-100 down to 64-68 FPS (what I normally get on my primary machine), I am happy to be able to use ALT-T function.

Thank you all for your help.

S! Jakoby
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

..."alt-t"...transparent cockpit ????...what a wooos !!!!...fly like a man ! ;) ;) ;) :lol:
...I normally even fly in DD to up frsmerates....few nice DD terrains out there too...
....Neobaron always flew in DD as well, never understood why until now.
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

S! Pat, All!

Before I installed the glide Wrapper, I had a great FPS, better than I have ever had. But even now with the wrapper, I have the 64-68 FPS I normally have on my main machine.

Neo used to live about 10 minutes from my place until he moved. Pat, I have seen Neobaron play firsthand. That guy does not even use programmed buttons on the joystick. He whizzes over the keyboard left-handed and does not even LOOK at the keyboard : O I have seen Neo whack three DRIs in rapid succession while using DD.

I need all the advantage I can get flying against you Pat, and all my other opponents ; P
Shoot, if I had claymore mines, I would scatter them behind me to slow you guys down!

Again, I thank you all for your help.

S! Jakoby

Return to “RBWar Questions/Requests/Other”