Help and Suggestions

Problems or suggestions for the Red Baron War series? Post here.
US95Pickett

Re: Help and Suggestions

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, if the RBWar2 week 5 match (held today) server was stable enough with the network connection bandwidth increase to 1000mb, I was thinking we could increase the number of pilots to 16 per side (total of 32 pilots) for RBWar3.

Here's the set up I was thinking of for RBWar 3:
16 pilots per side (total of 32 pilots)

RBWar3 - Target Flanders map (66 targets per side)

targets per side:
aerodromes - 2
cities - 9
supply dumps - 7
rail yards - 10
bridges - 31
factories - 7

total targets - 66

week 1 - N11 v Halb D2 - Target Flanders map
week 2 - N24 v Alb D2 Alb D3 - Target Flanders map
week 3 - Tripe v DR1 - Target Flanders map
week 4 - Camel Snipe v DR1 D7 - Target Flanders map

The rules would be the same as for RBWar 2 except we'd have two dromes per side but you have to fly from whatever drome you start at (no switching dromes but you could repair at any drome that was up).

We could start RBWar 3 this coming weekend or the following weekend.

You're suggestions?
J99°Dirk

Post by J99°Dirk »

As mentioned somewhere else... next week is mothers day...
Maybe we should start the following week, to say Sa/So 15th/16th ?!
Watch Your six!!!
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, rgr Dirk and others, thanks for calling my attention to Mother's Day holiday. We'll start RBWar 3 on Saturday, May 15, 2010 at 3pm est
Thank you!
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi all!

Talking with some pilots lately, I've noticed a feeling of sadness associated with the last battles ... some even consider giving RB (or what's left of it) by who are having bad experiences with the collisions ...latelly, we have many of it...not acusation to any side...involves two, but in my experience, if one will not, two do not clash...

We are a small group of participants that some have known from many years.

I would ask all participants to fly with "to avoid collisions" in mind...

I'm sure the number of them would decrease, would be more fun for everyone and RB has a better chance of surviving...

S!
AirS...
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, JGS4_AirSurfer, I'm sorry to hear that there are pilots who still are not having a good time in RBWar. I was hoping the changes we made recently so that teams would switch team/plane sides each week and trying to even the pilot sides, would help improve the pilots enjoyment. But I guess it was too little, too late.

Perhaps having RBWar continuously each weekend is causing "RB burnout" and what we need is a 1, 2 or 3 month break from RBWar before we try and start another RBWar again.

If pilots are still unhappy after this coming weeks match, then we can close RBWar 4 early and take a break from RBWar for awhile to see if that might help.

Maybe we can start up some other RB matches for a change of pace from RBWar, such as Monkey Island. Suggestions are welcome!
US95Pickett
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Interestingly enough, I have the same complaint....5x I was rammed from the rear when bombing one match, guessing because the defenders couldnt shoot me down. I never voiced a complaint, because it was just a "meh" moment...it happens....and I had fun anyway...
But I just wanted to state that collisions happen...intentional or not (unless witnessed)...but avoiding being rear ended is tough, especially when bombing, but then bailing after a collision is also unacceptible....
So both sides have now mentioned collisions...what can we do ....I suggest making the game more bombing oriented to reduce actual dogfights...i.e. 20 points extra to either team which drops all targets (both can score this)....but this IMO would reduce the air to air battles and furballs which usually result in a collision, i.e many would fly past a confrontation, to hit targets. Just a thought.
RAC_Draegon

Post by RAC_Draegon »

Actually, that idea is not bad, kind of like Flying Coffins, however, for those of us that actually LIKE to fight air to air, it doesn't concern us, as we will still fight anyways.

This game is fun for both bombers and fighters.

Collisions happen, I will always try to roll left to avoid a col, or if possible climb out, but hard to avoid getting slammed into from the side or rear. I always try to avoid a collision, I always lose in them, without exception, so never makes any sense to me to intenionally ram someone.
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

there should be less dogfights and more running with deaths and AA/mechs costing 3 points each .. value your life .. only 1 point for the kill

yes, you give the enemy -3, however the strategy is to die less, not rack up kills at any cost ..

anyway, almost all head on collisions can be avoided .. and I haven't complained ever to what appear to be repeated purposeful collisions by particular pilots, and not seen it in RBWars

don't think a 20 point get-all-target award would make a bit of difference in kills .. more luck that nothing hardened if you have the capacity to get to all the targets
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

anyway, almost all head on collisions can be avoided .. and I haven't complained ever to what appear to be repeated purposeful collisions by particular pilots, and not seen it in RBWars
When one runs away from conflicts (and bails on teammates), its easy then... :lol:
don't think a 20 point get-all-target award would make a bit of difference in kills .. more luck that nothing hardened if you have the capacity to get to all the targets
...hardened targets would be nulled out...EASY enough....lol....

Return to “Help and Suggestions”