When does this terny start?

General forum of the Flying Coffins tournaments

Moderator: Flying Coffins Moderators

US95~Willowmaker

When does this terny start?

Post by US95~Willowmaker »

:?: When does this terny start? :mrgreen: W.M. ps what do we need to play.
Swordfish

Re: When does this terny start?

Post by Swordfish »

S! Willowmaker,

I moved your post to this section because it did not address the topic where it was originally posted (the announcement of moderators for the new Flying Coffins section of the ww1aces.com forum).

The answer is that a Flying Coffins tournament will start when I have all the necessary infrastructure in terms of server configuration, server bandwidth, rules, scoring, management, security, etc. in place. :geek:

So far, I have set up a limited bandwidth FC server to test and verify the server configuration and collect some log files so that I can work on the scoring setup. We ran the first "FC Fun Day" test and practice match with scoring last weekend, and the next one will be on Saturday, 29 Jan 2011 at 21:00 CET (3:00 pm EST).

The FC Fun Days have until now been announced in the General section of the RBWar forum at ww1aces.com, and the preparations have been discussed in the forum section "Red Baron War Forum » Game Development » Other Tournament Development".

Now that Pickett has created this separate forum section for the Flying Coffins tournament, we will move the FC discussions to here.

I have also created a Flying Coffins page on my RB3D website (http://www.rb3d.net/Swordfish/fc.htm) with the original FC rules and a custom map download. The FC game uses stock Red Baron 3D, no patches are needed to fly but you may find it useful to install the custom map available on my FC page (see link above).

I hope to see you and many others in the FC Fun Day matches!

Best regards
Swordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
US95~Willowmaker

Post by US95~Willowmaker »

Thanks for the info. Am Interested. W.M. 8-)
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

-SALUTE!- Sword.
Tried to fly in your server tonight, But keep getting timed out messages. Any ideas?
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

S! Mr P,

You were booted by server security due to an incorrect RB3D configuration. 8-)
Server logs indicate that you do not have the 1.078 patch installed. Perhaps you are using the GOG version of RB3D, I believe that their install of RB3D MMP does not include this official Sierra patch to RB3D MMP. You must have the 1.078 patch installed in order to log on to on-line servers with security enabled. Run this upgrade after installing Red Baron 3D.
You can get the 1.078 patch from Wings-of-Valor

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

S! sword, Tried flying again this morn after reinstall 1078 patch. Still no work.
I have the RB2 -> 3D game I download off murph. Hasnt been a problem before. Any other ideas?

Only me and Ed showed up this morn. Bit sad, but nevermind.

-SALUTE!- Mr P
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

It seems odd that Mr. P can and does fly the open servers, RBWar server and the like with no problems. He does have RBII patched.

Mr. P did fly Pickett's RBWar practice server with me and others who will appear in the Saturday Flying Cough Cough Coffins logs. Even Kazi showed up both in RBWar TS and on the Flying Coffins server.

I think Mr. P should be hitting eBay or some such place looking for a copy of RB3D. But I suspect there are more out there with RBII patched and flying with few problems. Terrain patch maybe or a glide wrapper?

So what is really causing him to be bounced from the FC Server?

Fog
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

Mr P gets booted from my FC server because his MMP check sum is not correct.
His check sum is the same as the RedBaron3D original game without the 1.078 patch, which is why I suggested that he should try installing the 1.078 patch. If that doesn't help, I don't know what may be the root cause of the incorrect check sum. But there must be something wrong with the install :?

If MrP can fly on other servers without a correct RB3D MMP check sum, then those servers must have security turned off.

I have no hands-on experience from RB2 upgraded to RB3D, but I do recommend all pilots to use a real RB3D install to avoid problems. If MrP cannot find a copy of RB3D I suggest that he email me and we'll work something out.

S!wordfish
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, the RBWar servers (tournament server, practice server, Monkey Island server and Marne server) all have security enabled/running.
US95Pickett
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

for GOG installs .. try my GOG patch .. GoG's baronmmp.exe can not be fixed by reinstalling 1.0.7.8 .. they installed it, then manually changed the header somehow, it does not pass stock security

www.flybert.net .. the baronmmp.exe I provide is a stock, patched 1.0.7.8 version .. you'll go back to having click the "cd missing" panel, but that's no big deal ..

for RBII+Superpatch .. please see this http://www.redbaronplayers.net/multiplay2.htm ..
this turns RBII CD into 100% compatible to RB3D CD .. it get's rid of the loose files in SimPatch ( except cursors.pba ) and replaces rb.vol with the one from the RB3D CD ..

Return to “General”