"if you go into a fair fight your doing something wrong"
wars were never fair or even.
I was impressed how RAC got thier attacks in....together

Led
Monkey

Re: RBWar 6 Week 8 Score - Sunday, January 30, 2011 3pm est

Post by Monkey »

There is one problem with that analogy, these were intended to
be fun events between friends not real wars.
How many of us would play in a pick up basketball game between
friends with one side having almost half again as many players?
This is not war it is a game.

Monkey
Muttley

Post by Muttley »

Thank you US95 and Pickett for hosting the RB War, it has been a blast!

RE: the team sizes.

There are sign ups to get a count...then there are no shows or late shows.

There is a teamspeak count, then there are those who do not use teamspeak (even TS2).

I agree with Waldo, the TS3 had split up things a bit more and added to the unevenness. But, Pickett and I spoke on chat around the time of the TS3 upgrade, and I agree he needed to move forward and could not go back after it was done. I am a RB enthusiast and I enjoy playing. Set up a game where it is always me vs 2 and I will enjoy the game. I will do my best because considering it is me vs 2, if I lose according to the "scores" but do well "considering", I am content. As Leder said it's a War, but as Monkey said it's a game. So I say, use the strategies and the resources given and play your best and have FUN too!

So say I'm in the game. I am winging with ED, MadDog and Witzer and we are flying bombers. We meet 3 even level bombers and 1 high fighter. If we all get shot down we will feel "damn! could have done better!" If we clear and continue on, we will feel, "wow, what teamwork, that was FUN!" Number of pilots? Type of planes? Odds? Skills? Teamwork? So many factors. Now take a whole map in a 2 hour game where I will never see 1/4 of the pilots. I recall a RBWL season where US95 had a smaller team, they used it to be sneaky bombers and did an amazing scoring job! They always got comments win or lose as to how well they did considering.

Sorry to go on and on, I needed to write out my thoughts for me. My thoughts, not right or wrong. We all see things our own way. Look forward to seeing you all in future RB tournaments!
S! Muttley
US95~Willowmaker

Post by US95~Willowmaker »

Salute all. I come and play . Why? Because I love the game.If we are short, so what, have fun. Voice com? I know my job. Get my orders and go. If it goes good :) If not I still had fun. I hated finding enemy at our base, Because I am not the best pilot for defending. But I just did the best I could, AND HAD FUN. :mrgreen: Has been fun flying with u all. Would like to keep it up. ;) W.M. PS Sorry about all the flamers. :oops: But it was a good match.
CannonGT

Post by CannonGT »

I had thought the teams were close to even from a check of the sign up forum the night before. When the game started I assumed the teams were even. It wasn't until the second hour when I exited and came back in that I noticed there were only 7 or 8 still flying for the opposing team. Some must have left during the first hour of the game.

I changed to TS3 a few weeks ago, and most are apparently still on TS2. I suppose someone could make an announcement in open chat during the first few minutes of the game, but by then its a problem to switch because we know the game plan. Not sure what the solution is.

Anyway, while I prefer to fly with other GT, for the record I will switch if teams are lopsided.
RAC_Arnold Layne

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

:? I don't realy understand why some make a big fuss...sometimes I don't have as much fun as other times but I always have some amount of fun flying.For me fun has never depended on the odds of success or ratio of pilots.Even though I was never needed I have offered to switch sides even knowing I might be on the team with less pilots.I can't think of any pilots on the allied side who fit the description that you are accusing them of.

Arn
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke
Harry

Post by Harry »

I don't recall ever during these wars, ANY Hun offering to switch sides to the Allied side to even it up when we were short, although we always have offered in the past, so now we're the side that's unfair???
In RBWar 6, the Allied team was short pilots for two matches.
Week 1 Allies were short by two pilots the score did not indicate they were short though.
In week 7 Allies were short 3 pilots again the score did reflect that they were for the second time short of pilots! In the eight (8) weeks or match or wars in RBWar 6 the Allies won 7 of 8, the only time the Huns won a match they were down by 4 pilots!

It wasn't a win because one team had more pilots then the other, but a matter of one team having more skill/luck then the other 87.5% of the time and out manning them 75% of the time. The allies average 14 pilots over the 8 week RBWar 6 tourney, while the Huns average 12.875 or 13 pilots per week. The numbers are there, was just simply a matter of being outmatched/outskilled not as pilots but in planning, due likely to language issues.

Still, we had fun! And flying both sides, I can honestly say we all had fun!

Thanks again Pickett for stepping up and having those deep pockets and allowing the few RB oldies some fun!

FragelGT/Harry

Return to “RBWar 6”