Scores from Flying Coffins Fun Day Mar 13, 2011

General forum of the Flying Coffins tournaments

Moderator: Flying Coffins Moderators

Swordfish

Re: Scores from Flying Coffins Fun Day Mar 13, 2011

Post by Swordfish »

Flybert wrote:I don't think there was a squabble really ...

Well Flybert, for the record I just want you to know that my perception of the plane assignment discussion on TS is quite simliar to Pat's.

That is why I called it a squabble, and I still do. However, I did not mention any names in my post because I do not want to start any personal arguments here. It is also clear that you and Pat don't get along very well, but please take your personal arguments to email. I will not hesitate to use my moderator privileges in this forum if needed.

I am still surprised that there is so much squabbling about plane selections in Fun Days. The Fun Days are intended to be flown for fun and to give us a chance to test the server, rules and scoring. Since the Fun Day scores don't really matter, I suggest that you all take the opportunity to try out different planes. I selected the Spad in the last game for two reasons; (i) I am not used to it, and (ii) nobody else seems to want it so I thought if I flew it there would be less discussions about who flew what (but I was wrong :( ).

My biggest headache right now is how to rewrite the rules for team deployment, signup, and plane selection so that we can avoid this type of arguments and last minute discussions on TS in the real tournament. This Fun Day wasn't much help, but I'll figure something out in the end and then you'll all have to live with it.

Please post any suggestions in the Game Development section.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

I dont feel I was being rude Flybert, just truthful (hurts at times, doesnt it ?)...and as for :
and I was in TS for nearly an hour and 1/2 before the game, so it's an outright lie that I "showed up" and started whining
...is because you didnt realize that the server was Rens' and Europe didnt have the time change...I came in as well, saw your name, attempted to speak, but you "werent there"....
...there were enough individuals who witnessed your behaviour, so please...

...as for your "squaddie" comment, well, youre not on the official roster last I checked...

...my apologies to you Sword for some of my comments...Russians can be a bit hot headed at times and are not known to be "socially correct"...Ive gotten better over the years, but all have a breaking point of some kind. I was in severe pain last match (flew anyway) but didnt really ned to hear the nonsense that was being spewed.
If it pleases all, then for this upcoming funday, I will fly with the other side. I just want to fly and have fun...lately, its become a chore.

...these are my last comments on this fiasco. Apologies again Herr Fisch...
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

"...as for your "squaddie" comment, well, you're not on the official roster last I checked..."

... just can't help making a dig, however weak <sigh> ... all is forgiven 8-)

... ok .. last from me as well ..
RAC_Draegon

Post by RAC_Draegon »

I truly hope that both of you, Pat and Flybert stand by what you've said and STOP this petty AND public bickering, it serves no purpose whatsoever.

I have my preferred plane types as well, but will fly anything, and have NEVER complained about the plane I fly.

I flew the Se5a last week, and it is a sweet fighter, you just have to play on it's strengths.
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

RAC_Draegon wrote:I have my preferred plane types as well, but will fly anything, and have NEVER complained about the plane I fly.
That is the spirit and attitude I like. Thank you!

S!wordfish
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
Muttley

Post by Muttley »

Didn't realize the discussion at the Development thread, my bad! FYI posted my 2 cents over there:

http://ww1aces.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=302
S! Muttley
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...Draeg....Ive ALWAYS stood by what Ive said or written...... :wink2:
...and I''ll just ignore that final inflammatory comment by, ahem.....I could start again, but Im above that....6 :twisted: 6 :twisted: 6 :twisted:
...btw, is "friendly fire" enabled ???.... :lol:

....*tosses Muttley a doggie snack*.... :mrgreen:

Return to “General”