Super Moon tonight, Saturday, March 19, 2011

General Forum of WW1Aces.com
US95Pickett

Super Moon tonight, Saturday, March 19, 2011

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, for anyone interested in astronomy, there's a "Super Moon" tonight - the moon tonight will be a full moon and at its closest distance to the earth in about 18 years (some estimates are 28 years) and it should be something to see.

From NASA Science News website:

March 16, 2011: Mark your calendar. On March 19th, a full Moon of rare size and beauty will rise in the east at sunset. It's a super "perigee moon"--the biggest in almost 20 years.

"The last full Moon so big and close to Earth occurred in March of 1993," says Geoff Chester of the US Naval Observatory in Washington DC. "I'd say it's worth a look."

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... supermoon/

US95Pickett
PatGarrett

Re: Super Moon tonight, Saturday, March 19, 2011

Post by PatGarrett »

What's even more amazing, is that it comes the eve prior to the Vernal Equinox (we Pagans call it Ostara or Eostre....makes ya wonder where the word "easter" came from ?, lol...the word predates Christianity by 1000 years)....)...
For those interested, the Vernal Equinox is at 7:21pm on the 20th...I will be at my altar in prayer at this time as I am a priest. And due to the state of the world, I will be there for hours after the FC Funday.

Now...my concerns....lotta talk lately about what will happen late in 2012....end of the world many have said....well, I dont believe it (the Mayans only perceived "their " world)....I can see a major geophysical catastrophe though, but certainly not the END....due in part to the planetary alighnment that's supposed to happen...much of it makes sense, physics-wise...incresed gravity, etc...I think we're getting hints of that now....can this be the "Apocalypse" that the bible spoke of ?...perhaps...but I cannot believe it will be the "end"...I still got too many paybacks to make, lol....
Ive spoken about this with a number of highly intelligent individuals (ya, with a registered IQ of 180, I know think-tank guys, yawn...), but even with some RBers like J30 Gunter and former RAF Flea...both of high intellect....
Most have agreed that the proper thing to do is simply to prepare for the worst...we can do nothing, yet, to change what will be....just hunker down, prepare, and ride it out...further from coasts and big cities the better.......whatever country youre in....
The US/Can Rockies will be good, the Urals of Russia, the Himalayas (might shake some though), Laurentians in Canada, European Alps between DE, Switz, Italy (shaky, but safer)....deep Siberia or Canada's NW Territory....Im opting for the Rockies....

...either way, when its over and done with, see ya all in the next war.... :cool2:
RAC_Arnold Layne

Re: Super Moon tonight, Saturday, March 19, 2011

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke

Return to “General”