plane suggestions for future

General forum of the Flying Coffins tournaments

Moderator: Flying Coffins Moderators

Flybert

plane suggestions for future

Post by Flybert »

add Halb D.II and switch Pfalz D.III to fighter

add Sop Tripe to Allied

Reasoning: Halb D.II closer match to N17 .. Sop Tripe a match to Dr.I .. Pfalz D.III about as useful as SPAD 7 as fighter

add the Bullet and E.III as bombers

Reasoning: most games we seem to be having now are at most 9 or 10 players per side, and if one side has 8 or 9 and the other side 7 or 8 ( one player difference ) .. it's a pretty big advantage for the side having 1 more player to be taking the best bomber ( or fighter ) extra

personally, and I think the majority feel this way, I'd rather take a low end bomber than a low end fighter .. IOW .. I'd rather take an E.III over a Pfalz D.III ( if that becomes a fighter ) or a Bullet over a SPAD 7

if there is only 7 players per side .. it allows some choice if 9 planes per side

I'd also switch out the N28 for the SPAD 13 .. it seems the Allieds usually more kills .. adding the Sop Tripe slows down Allieds a bit ( like the Dr.I ) yet they would still have a great climber and turner, The SPAD 13 certainly has the speed but cannot turn fight against either Fokker like the N28 can .. just think it might even out things a bit more
Swordfish

Re: plane suggestions for future

Post by Swordfish »

Salute! Flybert,

Thank you for your input.
At the moment we are only halfway though the FC3 tournament, and I would like to wait with the review of the current FC format until we have completed the series of 4 matches. But comments on this subject (or other ways to improve the format) are welcome.

I may move this topic to the Game Development section later, but for the time being this thread will probably be read by more pilots if it stays here.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
PatGarrett

Re: plane suggestions for future

Post by PatGarrett »

...why dont we just run CW then with all these changes ?...I got written permission from DM to do so...we just change the FM to a good one.....a rear gun would be awesome to have !!!!...I'd have many more kills.... :twisted:

Return to “General”