GeForce GT210 1gb ddr2 pci express
O.S win 7
what you all think??
thanks pops
Harry

Re: up grade

Post by Harry »

Graphics card, I'd go with a GeForce GTX260 or Radeon HD 5850+

Everything else is good for RoF, as Il2 is falling apart as far as WW1 goes... alot of fighting amongst the flight modelers ect.
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Gotta watch the Radeons though...ATI are notorious memory hogs, and ATI's support is nonexistant...I'd go with an NVidia...great support and constant driver development...
RAC_POPS

Post by RAC_POPS »

thanks harry,, nvidia best,,,, as far as il2 goes..lol ..its going.. and rof that remains to be seen,,
having second thoughts about it...lot of eye candy at a high price.and all of that goes over seas..had enough of that b.s. time will tell :mad2:
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

ROF is awesome POPS, alot of RB players over there.
I dont know much about hardware, but I think a quad core is better for ROF. Someone will correct me if im wrong.
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Sad thing about ROF is the support sucks....and I speak, read, write Russian fluently....I mailed Viktor to remove my old sign in, so I may get the latest updated demo....it's been 10 days and no word.....
....its a great mod, dont get me wrong....and yes, its Soviet...theyre trying to make some bucks after the US and UK conspired to kill them....sadly though, their support still lacks, and I cannot even get in.....
....Durak ti Viktor....I'd try it but support is very lacking. Just too amateurish....
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

Youll find the gameplay and eye candy anything but amatuerish. I think if you use a different email you could get the demo. or maybe email the crew at rof@777studios.net or even pm jason williams through the ROF website.

I personally thought RB was the best game ever. Flew it for long time, But ill never go back after playing ROF.
Tough to master. But rest assured everybody is on a level playing field.
Harry

Post by Harry »

X2 What Mr. P said...

To: Pat or Wolfie... never see you in RoF, US95thPickett has a great server many Old Rbers in there, haven't seen or heard of you being there?
Have you even flown RoF to give yer 2bits worth of negativity?

As for funds going overseas... welcome to the 21st century a world economy as it should be! Afterall, don't we all look for the best deal when shopping for goods? I was in Denver, CO lately picked up a T-shirt with Denver something on it, T-shirt was made and printed in Bangladesh.
Hell, just got back from Mexico, even their stuff was made in China or India even Taiwan. You know yer in a world economy when a "third world" country imports trinkets from other "third world" countries.

:wink2:
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, actually, Rise of Flight is now owned and operated by 777 Studios, an American company that is owned and operated by Jason Williams who lives in California. 777 Studios bought out NeoQB, the Russian company that originally created Rise of Flight. The Rise of Flight Dev Team is still in Russia, and of course works for 777 Studios the American company.

Wolfie, you can download the Rise of Flight game easy enough, just go to: http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en to download the game. You can create a new email account with gmail, yahoo or hotmail. The Rise of Flight demo is good for 14 days to let you decide if you like it or not (try before you buy).

And actually, if you ask for help (without an attitude) on the RoF forum or over at SimHQ forum, there are many people who will help if you have any RoF problems.

RB3D is a great game. Rise of Flight is a great game too. Fly whichever one you like; and of course, you can fly and enjoy both of them ;) And as already stated, if you wanted to try Rise of Flight, you can download the demo and fly it for free for 14 days (not too many games allow you to do that).

I've been enjoying Rise of Flight; gives me the old feeling I had when I first started flying RB :D
US95Pickett
Harry

Post by Harry »

X2 Pickett

Now that RoF is "American" might get some of those "Fence sitters" onboard.

Playing with RoF is as Pickett says, reminds me also of the early days of RB....so long ago! Was a great game.

Its a great game (RoF) sometimes yer hot other times yer not, always keeps you interested, nothing beats climbing into a rear gunner or belly gun or even nose gun of a bomber with 2 or 4 guys in one plane on a bomb run. Mr.Phsyco has a few Fraps video on youtube, shows just how much fun we're having. No uber, no hacks, skill vs skill and in Picketts server you check your attitude at the door! Makes for a much more pleasurable time with friends new and old!

PS Pops as Mr. P suggested, go with a quad core cpu, will be good for a few years, for both IL2 and RoF.

Return to “General”