Off to Dayton We Go

General Forum of WW1Aces.com
FEA99 Willi von Luft

Off to Dayton We Go

Post by FEA99 Willi von Luft »

Hi You All,

Anyone going to be at Dawn Patrol? I will be leaving at O-dark thirty on Wednesday. Hope to see some friends. I'll either be where ever there is a D-7 parked, at the GWAA booth or over at Tiger's Lan set up. :biggrin2:

Willi
Monkey

Re: Off to Dayton We Go

Post by Monkey »

MW and I will be heading out about 3am Wednesday. We are going to spend wed night in
Portland TN and roll into Dayton early Thurs afternoon. Unfortunately Chip didn't get in
enough flight time on his plane to make the flight down, so we won't get to see his pup
or for that matter Chip this year. :(

Monkey
FEA99 Willi von Luft

Hi Monkey,

Oh what a disappointment. I knew Chip didn't get the required 40 hrs. I was hoping he would be able to do a static display by trailering it in. He is coming according to his latest post on the Aerodrome Forum. He will be there on Thursday. Maybe we all could get there by dinnertime and and have dinner together. I will be at the Hope Hotel over on the base. I think most of GWAA is staying there. That was where Fred Murrin recommended to me to stay. It looks like we are leaving at the same time. I am going to RON in Tenn too but I do not know where. This time I will be able to take my time going up since I do not have to worry about teaching. This is my vacation and I will be enjoying it. Hope to see you and MW and the infamous Momkey PJs.

I miss the RB community. ROF is very lonely for me.
Willi
FEA99 Willi von Luft

Hi All,

Monkey and Monkey Woman visited me last nite and it was very good to see them. It brought back alot of really good memories. We went down to the cafe for a nightcap and Chip joined us. We talked alot about airplanes (after all what else would you talk about?). Tiger called Monkey and we chatted some too.
Unfortunately the first day of Dawn Patrol was rained out. Folks have scattered and there is probably alot of hangar flying going on at the hotel and in the museum. Willi is actively listening to all of the interesting conversations in the lounge.

Willi

Return to “General”