Cold War resurrection

General forum of the Red Baron War series
US95Pickett

Cold War resurrection

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, J99 Willi von Luft asked me if I could run a Cold War Tournament on our RBWar server.

I checked with von Deutschmark and he has no objection to us running Cold War tournaments but he no longer had the server files. However, RAC_Swordfish had copies of the Cold War server files, so it looks like a Cold War Tournament will be on in the near future for those pilots interested in it.

We're just getting started and have a few more things to do, including checking with RAC_Murph for his permission to use the Cold War maps that he created.

Maybe we can have the Cold War Tournament after the completion of RBWar 3 if enough pilots are interested in it.

I'll create a Cold War section of the forum soon.

Special thanks to J99 Willi von Luft for asking about a Cold War tournament, to von Deutschmark for giving his permission for us to run Cold War tournaments and especially to RAC_Swordfish who has copies of the needed Cold War server files. I'll be sending an email to RAC_Murph today asking his permission to use his Cold War maps. :mrgreen:
Flybert

Re: Cold War resurrection

Post by Flybert »

Cold War needs some serious fm and dm fixes and a few plane changes, many glaring problems including uber .. I can get Wolfgang's and other's help putting together a better
package, all wrapped up in mmulti.vol files that will increase your framerate compaired to loose files

I might be able to get target destroyable balloons up on all maps with Rens and MM's help

Get Dirk in here and we can help work this out, no one knows what was right and wrong with CW than we 2
J99°Dirk

Post by J99°Dirk »

Whatever NFM, CW YOu are going to start... I will appear.

Regarding CW... yes, there are some uebers etc.
But the amount of invested workload should be in relation to the outcome.
I would say that I can live with that some uebers and if the changement workload is too much to minimize it... let it go like it is.
If the "repair team" is showing to get it easily/in time fixed... why not.

But not if they have to invest much workload for less changement.

+++

The CW tournament setup of planes/weeks could be modified, for example only 8 or 10 weeks. Therefore put some more plane types per week, whatever...
Watch Your six!!!
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, rgr Flybert and Dirk, I remember some of the problems with the Cold War FM and the uber problems. von Deutschmark was going to rework Cold War to address the problems but he didn't have the time when he started work with the Canvas Knights project.

If it would help, I could set up a private section of the forum for Flybert, Dirk and any others that the two of you would like to have access for discussions/plans for a new FM.

Anything I can do to help, let me know.
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

Perhaps a new forum area, but keep it open for all of the community for input

Understand I'm motivated, also, to build a set up that may become the new standard for MMP play and a re-release of a much expanded RB3D .. and it needs to be done *right*, or I don't think it will help the community

And while it revived the community initially and brought back the GreatWar style format in a simpler manner, the problems with the CW series resulted in, what I feel now was one of the nails going into RB3D's coffin ..

I don't want this called "ColdWar" .. either GreatWarVI , which I had started working on years ago as a 4 time period set up, or AirWar1 .. which I need to reduce to 4 time periods

www.airwar1.com

so the first thing I need to do is present the plane sets to everyone for input and adjustment

both single and 2-gun Sop Tripe though
J99°Kobold

Post by J99°Kobold »

Salute all,

Coldwar was one of my big favorites in RB3d and it sounds great to fly a new Tournament with this mod. But like some others said it before, this game need some changes in the fm and dm. For example the Alb DI, this early plane is the best Plane in the hole game (much better than some middle or lates planes) and this is not ok. Some 2-seaters needs changes too. the Lloyd is a Killer and the Hannover CLIII is in full speed unmanouverable when you want to drop the bombs correctly.

and btw. We have the planesset for st. Mihiel and other historical Battles, so we can do this in the tournament serie. St. Mihiel maybe on the weekend for week 11 or so!!!

Return to “General”