Help and Suggestions

Problems or suggestions for the Red Baron War series? Post here.
US95Pickett

Help and Suggestions

Post by US95Pickett »

Help and Suggestions

Requests for help with the Red Baron War series and suggestions for improving the Red Baron War should be posted in this forum thread.

The Red Baron War series is designed to be played on your regular installation of Red Baron 3D. No custom RB3D installations or patches are needed. The only extra files you will need to play the Red Baron War matches are the custom maps that you can download from the RBW Maps page. Instructions for the custom maps are on the RBW Maps page.
FEA99 Willi von Luft

Re: Help and Suggestions

Post by FEA99 Willi von Luft »

Salute,

I will be glad to help in any way. Are there going to be awards for this tourney?

FEA99 Willi von Luft
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Willi, I'm a lousy graphics artist so if someone wanted to create some awards graphics for the RBWar, that would be great. If not, we'll come up with something ;)
US95Pickett
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Hi

I like dont to have many rules, but have a doubt,
What must we do if the home drome is destroyed?, It can be used after that?...
if so, as it will not repair, need exit (motor stoped) for reload/repair...will be that way?
I must traslate rules and would like to add that thing. :O)
tia.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, JGS4-AirSurfer, if your home drome is damaged too badly to repair or is destroyed, you will have to relife from your drome runway by hitting esc/enter; every time you relife, it costs -3 points.

Teams will have to plan on safeguarding their dromes and if you have to relife in order to repair and rearm, you will have to bomb and shoot carefully to minimize the number of times you will have to relife for repairs/rearms so your team doesn't lose unnecessary points.

It will make for some careful planning by both sides, both for defense and offense.
US95Pickett
JGS4_AirSurfer

Post by JGS4_AirSurfer »

Good! Thanks for reply!
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Just wondering if Team Comms were looked into...ie will there be a dedicated TS available ot not.....

Garrett
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, PatGarrett, rgr we'll have a teamspeak 2 server; I will either set up the US95th teamspeak server for RBWar or I'll pay for a teamspeak server so it doesn't take away bandwidth from the RBWar server.
US95Pickett

EDIT: We have a TeamSpeak 2 server for RBWar, it's located at:
64.34.185.142:8118
password: RBWar_fun
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Excellent Sir, and thank you. I hope it wont be on the same server as the match though, this can cause problems at times. If in fact it is, let me know, ans I may be able to link another TS server to use, if I can get permissions.
Also, flying in the full map server today, "for some reason" was getting 20% better FPS than in the Redux server, and yours had a MUCH higher ping :D ....just noting that :twisted:
I USED to get a very high FPS in the other. Can barely fly it anymore. Yours was great.
I noticed too though, that the 2 dromes were both "one pass" dromes (ie easy)...I suggest if using a "one drome" setup, then make them 11 hangar dromes, else they'll die too soon. Min 5 hangar drome, better 11 hangar. Or, keep as is, but then place a backup drome WAY back in the backcountry in case. Just thoughts.
I sit in one room for 22 hrs per day so do a lot of brainstorming etc....so anything I write is simply thoughts/suggestions.....*S* !!!

>Garrett
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, PatGarrett, I've leased a TeamSpeak 2 server for the RBWar so that it wouldn't take away from the bandwidth of the RBWar server which runs on my commercial dsl line. So you can choose the highest quality codec for TeamSpeak 2 and it won't cause a problem. I'm hoping that my commercial dsl line will be sufficient for the RBWar as leasing a gaming server from ServerBeach or some such hosting company would be cost prohibitive for me. Guess we'll find out soon enough :D
US95Pickett

Return to “Help and Suggestions”