RBWar FAQ

RBWar frequently asked questions
US95Pickett

RBWar FAQ

Post by US95Pickett »

RBWar FAQ

Q1 What is RBWar?
A1 RBWar is a tournament for the game Red Baron 3D. It is designed to be a fun tournament with a minimum of rules.

Q2 What flight mode is RBWar?
A2 RBWar is NFM - normal flight mode.

Q3 Does RBWar require any patches to play?
A3 RBWar does not require any patches to play, only the standard installation of Red Baron 3D. RBWar does utilize customized maps.

Q4 Do I have to use the customized maps for RBWar?
A4 No, however, the customized maps do show the active targets and active aerodromes that have been selected for RBWar. Without the customized RBWar maps, you might have a difficult time locating the active targets and active aerodromes. You can download the RBWar maps from the forum and from the main WW1Aces.com website.

Q5 What is the Target Flanders Map?
A5 The Target Flanders Map is a customized map with a total of 66 targets per side (there are 66 German targets and 66 Allied targets, including 2 aerodromes per side). The original RBWar maps were designed for the intended team size of 12 pilots per side. The Target Flanders Map was designed for the increase of pilots to 16 pilots per side.

Q6 Do I have to use the Target Flanders Map for those RBWars using the Target Flanders Map if I am already using the original RBWar Flanders map?
A6 No, the extra targets of the Target Flanders Map will show up on the original RBWar Flanders map, it just won't have the target numbers of the extra targets.

Q7 Do I have to be a member of a Red Baron squadron in order to fly in RBWar?
A7 No, both squadron pilots and independent pilots are welcome to fly in RBWar.

Q8 How do I join up to fly in RBWar?
A8 Any pilot interested in flying in RBWar should should sign up in the forum's "Sign Up" section. There is a sign up for each week's match of the RBWar Tournament.

Q9 Do I have to fly in every week's match in order to fly in a RBWar Tournament?
A9 No, sign up to fly in whatever weekly matches that you have time to fly in.

Q10 Is there an in-game voice communication program to use for the RBWar Tournaments?
A10 Yes, there is a TeamSpeak 2 server set up for the RBWar Tournaments. Please note that it is a TeamSpeak 2 server and will not work with the TeamSpeak 3 beta client version, it only works with the TeamSpeak 2 client version. More information about the RBWar TeamSpeak 2 server is in the forum.
FogelGT

Re: RBWar FAQ

Post by FogelGT »

Q8 How do I join up to fly in RBWar?
A8 Any pilot interested in flying in RBWar should should sign up in the forum's "Sign Up" section. There is a sign up for each week's match of the RBWar Tournament.

Q9 Do I have to fly in every week's match in order to fly in a RBWar Tournament?
A9 No, sign up to fly in whatever weekly matches that you have time to fly in.
8 and 9 seem to contradict each other.

Case in point:

Renegade spawned at an active areodrome as we were going in to bomb it. To my knowledge he had not signed up for the match and was not on TS prior to or during the match. Still trying to figure out who J. J. was.

Now this to me is unfair to all players. We must know who is planning on flying, who does fly in the match in order to plan accordingly for what is known about the pilots.

I feel anyone flying the matches should be registered on these boards, have signed up for or at least posted they are interested in flying a particular match regardless of side to have their points count on both sides of the score sheet. It does not matter if a pilot signs up for the match and comes into the match at any time during the match as long as there is no more than one additional pilot on either side. Some of us need to know this information in order to plan and direct pilots.

Also, signing up to fly Allied does not mean they may not fly Central for the match, and vice versa. This is now common to help even the sides.

Thoughts

Fog
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

Salute!

I did not fly in the match to which Fogel is referring, but I agree with his view on the subject. Anyone who wants to fly in a RBWar match should sign up for it in advance. If you are not sure if you can make it, then sign up as a 'maybe'.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I don't think Q&A points 8 & 9 contradict each other:

#8 states if you want to fly in RBWar, just sign up for it in the sign up thread
and
#9 states you aren't obligated to fly in every match of a RBWar series, just sign up for those matches that you have time to fly in

Renegade did sign up for the match, but he signed up for it on the wrong sign up thread (Swordfish even posted a reply to his sign up on the wrong thread). Did he fail to sign up on the correct sign up thread? Yes. Was it intentional that he didn't sign up on the correct thread after he signed up on the wrong thread, or did he just not check the forum until match day? I don't know. Should he be blocked from flying in the match that day because he signed up in the wrong thread? Imo, no.

Who is J.J. ? I don't know; maybe a completely new pilot and maybe not. Should we block any pilot who wants to fly in a RBWar match but has failed to sign up for that match? Imo, no. If J.J. is a new pilot, then he/she is a potential recruit for any squadron that befriends him/her and gives him/her an invite to join their squadron.

What about one of the regular RBWar pilots who didn't think he/she could make a match (and didn't sign up for that match) but at the last minute (or even after the match has started) circumstances changed for them where they can now make the game. Should they be blocked from flying in the match that day? Imo, no.

There is not many RB pilots flying anymore. And there are now less pilots flying RBWar matches than when RBWar first started up. Do we really want to limit or block pilots from joining RBWar matches because they didn't sign up for a match properly?

My main concerns for the RBWar series is that the pilots have a good time and enjoy the RBWar matches.

To the best of my knowledge, neither Renegade nor J.J. misbehaved while flying in the server; they just failed to sign up correctly in the proper sign up forum thread before the match started.

If the majority here wants to block pilots from a match because they failed to sign up for that match, we can do that.
Harry

Post by Harry »

I have to agree with the Admin on this one. As he stated the RB populus is dwindling and any pilot that joins in RBwar signed up early or not signed up is ok with me. What I have issues with, is pilots that have "signed up" not knowing what map, side and/or plane set we're using.
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Please read my post carefully.

There have been instances in the past where a pilot would obtain the password, usually given out on an open server or have visited these boards, and enter the server just to disrupt the match. I think many will remember when that used to happen. That is not the issue I am referring to.

My post was about what is fair for all who do fly the matches. I do not think anyone wants to be surprised from something they had not planned for. I did mention the instance of a pilot who signed up entering late. They would have been planned for.

I should not have put in names as they make no difference and the concentration seems to be on those names. But since I did, I find no instance of Renegade or J. J. signing up for the 24 October match.

My post is NOT about banning anyone without cause. If anyone is allowed to come into a match at their own whim and fly for the side of their choice, both sides may end up with a mess on their hands.

Thoughts

Fog
FrugalGT

Post by FrugalGT »

Agree with the admin as well. This is a "fun fly"-type tourney, lets keep it that way. Love this format so far, it's been fun. Fogel you're way to old to be serious anyway; your brain will just turn to mush anyway in a few years, why speed things up?

S! :D
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Let me see if I can make it more clear to my little friend from Or-he-gone-again. And others.

8. -------should sign up in the forum's "Sign Up" section. There is a sign up for each week's match of the RBWar Tournament.

9. ------ sign up to fly in whatever weekly matches that you have time to fly in.

One states should sign up and the other states sign up.

Signing up helps solve two problems. One where an idea of how many may fly for each side and another who is interested and may fly the matches. This helps those who plan matches.

The 30 October match where every attempt was made to make the sides as even as possible based on those who were on TS prior to the match was foiled by those who came in late giving one side more players than the other. But some prefer to fly for one side only or with friends creating another problem. And I was witness to an exchange where one suggested plans were carried from one side to another by pilots changing sides. Although possible I saw no indication that this did happen.

I agree with the Admin and the posts here that the intent is a fly for fun event. So what do we do to make sure this is a fun event for all?

Thoughts?

Fog
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

I guess the simple answer is just be flexible.
At games start those on TS should be divided equal. Those late commers should join sides so that one side should only ever be + or - 1 player

In regards to plans. Well if you know it keep ya mouth shut. Plans are lucky to last 10mins at best.

oh and frugal... I will have my revenge even if I have to get you while you tucked up in your bunk.

thats my thoughts fog.. you did ask BTW
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

S! All!!

I had a great time flying with you all on Saturday! And Mr. P. hung around my plane so much and so close, at one time I though he was on my side, until his bullets reminded me otherwise.

S! Jakoby

Return to “RBWar FAQ”