Poll - how soon should we start RBWar 5 ?

Problems or suggestions for the Red Baron War series? Post here.

How soon should we start RBWar 5 after RBWar 4 ends ?

start RBWar 5 in 1 week after RBWar 4 ends
No votes
start RBWar 5 in 2 weeks after RBWar 4 ends
7%
start RBWar 5 in 3 weeks after RBWar 4 ends
No votes
start RBWar 5 in 1 month after RBWar 4 ends
33%
start RBWar 5 in 2 months after RBWar 4 ends
No votes
start RBWar 5 in 3 months after RBWar 4 ends
No votes
start a new/different war format
7%
start one of the old war formats (war forces, rbwl, etc.)
53%

Total votes: 15

US95Pickett

Poll - how soon should we start RBWar 5 ?

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I would like your opinion about when we should start RBWar 5. I just wanted to make sure we don't cause RB burnout for everyone by having RBWar every weekend without any breaks between the various wars, or if you would rather try a new or old war format. Please vote and/or post your opinion.
J99°Himmelhund

Re: Poll - how soon should we start RBWar 5 ?

Post by J99°Himmelhund »

I take the last option. I would fly gladly Could War or Could War alpine!
Do you speak english? - Yes a paar broken - I Like wellfleisch with sauerkraut!
J99°Dirk

Post by J99°Dirk »

I would prefer War Forces style... or CW...
Watch Your six!!!
J99°vonTrips

Post by J99°vonTrips »

imo after four RBWars without a break we need another format, like CW or WF. After that we could start with a few RBWars again

just my 2 cent
Harry

Post by Harry »

I'm going with the flow, although, lets not toss RBwar into the closet and forget about it!
It has been one of the best formatts in a long time! Contrary to some of the arguements about fareness and the changes made to the original RBWar formatt I believe it has bee more then fare for both sides! It has allowed all that have participated to showcase each pilots skill sets. Be it a great bombing run, a good dogfight, great war planning and the use of available appliances including "ROCKETS"!! Some have perhaps forgotten what RBWar was all about... TO HAVE FUN.. win or lose. WE needed something to keep the RB community going and thanks to Pickett, RB still marches onward. If we need to rerun some of the older formatts to keep peolpe interested in this old game then so be it!. But, as the community has dewindled in numbers, our little group has to now reley on each other more then before. What I mean by this is, we have to work together and let the small petty stuff go, example collisions - it takes two to tango - so there are two at fault not one! If the rules state all munitions are legal then so be it, if you can't fire a rocket then I suggest some practice is order. I know from my experience its a blast to get a kill with a rocket! ( as a former PC_69 squadie it was our mandate to use what ever means to keep hackers at bay, so that the honest ones could enjoy the game! Rockets were our favorite ammo choice ) 8-)

We've had pilots from one side switch to the other to even teams up. If we need to place stronger pilots to weaker teams then so be it. We have to do what ever it takes to keep this old game going.

So, if we need to fly an older formatt or another to keep people in the game, then lets make it happen!?
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, from the poll so far, it's apparent that we need at least a month break between the end of RBWar 4 and the start up of a different war format.

So far, Cold War, Cold War Alpine and War Forces have been mentioned as an alternative for the next war format after the conclusion of RBWar 4.

I have the files for Cold War (many thanks to RAC_Swordfish) and War Forces, but not Cold War Alpine. If anyone has the files for Cold War Alpine, please post.

Also, there is a new format from Wolfgang (WvW3 - AFM format) that RAC_Flybert just very recently made available for download at his website: http://flybert.net/ I'll set up a server so you can try it out.

Whichever war format we choose for the next war series, we'll probably have to set up/modify the rules, etc. I'll set up a new section of the forum for discussions. I would suggest that the rules for whatever war format we choose be kept simple even if it means modifying the original rules (simple is better imo).
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

I have the files for Cold War (many thanks to RAC_Swordfish) and War Forces, but not Cold War Alpine. If anyone has the files for Cold War Alpine, please post.
I have the files needed to run a secured Alpine Island server with the stock game in my RB3D archive. If we combine that with any of the three Cold War patches (modified plane set and FM/DM), I am sure we can work out a server setup for Cold War Alpine Island if such a format is decided.

Email me for more technical details (I prefer not to discuss server security issues in open forums), but I'll be off line for a week starting this week-end. As I posted in the sign-up thread, I'm going to the Italian Alps on my motorbike to check the realism of the Alpine Island patch. :mrgreen:

Finally, to come back to the topic of this thread, I just want to add that I agree with the comments made by Harry above.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
J99°vonTrips

Post by J99°vonTrips »

Thanks Harry, exactly what i think. Let us fly together, no matter which format.
..and the rules... take them easy like RBWar, no marshals, no teamreps. Admin correct the scores and no disscusion about anything....
btw: alpine patch is very nice, but remember you can fly it only on island map.
J99°vonTrips

Post by J99°vonTrips »

Swordfish, if you take a break in germany, tell me...
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

S! Von Trips,

Thank you, but I'm afraid there won't be many stops in Germany on this trip. :(
We'll drive from Sweden to Hamburg on the first day, then put the bikes on the train and wake up in München the next morning. From there, it's only about an hours drive to Garmisch Partenkirchen and then the fun begins (meaning alpine roads ... 8-) ).
On the way back, it's the same story. Night train from München to Hamburg with bike on the train. It's the only way to be able to make the trip in one week.

Now I must go to bed, got to start packing tomorrow! :)

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish

Return to “Help and Suggestions”