War Forces Planning

Post here with your ideas to design a new or old tournament the way you want it done or think it should be done.
US95Pickett

War Forces Planning

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, it seems from the voting, that most pilots would like to have another War Forces Tournament.
Any volunteers for setting up the format and creating rules, etc. ?
Flybert

Re: War Forces Planning

Post by Flybert »

I don't recall all the plane switches, just the weeks the bombers changed ..

Throw out the whole TR / FM system and make the rules simple enough that
they can be enforced with RBSMon and the server logs .. train a few people
on how to read and interpret those according to your guidelines ..

remain the benevolent dictator Pickett .. I could be your evil assistant, take all
the blame if it all goes to crap ;-)

I won't have the time for a couple of weeks to work on it myself, unless you post
the old rules and I get motivated to work from there

I wonder how many somewhat full teams would round up ?
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Fighters and bombers did change from week to week. Correct me if my memory has completely failed me.

I remember flying the AF-22 as well.

Fog
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

In my RB3D archive I have the Warforces rules from 2009 (including the plane selections for each week) plus a complete set of WF server files from 2007.

I think that's all we need to start a WF type tournament again (possibly with a simplified set of rules), if there is a demand for it.

S!wordfish
(RB3D patch and information archaeologist) 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Go here:

http://www.lsn.se/wallenborg/redbaron3d

That is the mightly S!wordfish. No, this is not Flanders Field. The picture appears to be from Rhinebeck. The river in the background is the Hudson in New York State, USA. I'm just wondering if that shirt also came from WalMart!

Bugs fly that high?

Fog
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

I am thinking the only thing we would need is someone from each team each week to submit the active dromes used to the scorekeeper after each match. A set of RBWar rules modified to fit the event should be all we need. This is what you may do, this is what you may not do type thing.

I and others found the RBWar rules to be simple and complete enough to deal with most situations. I loved flying RBWar. Was pure fun!

When I flew RBWar matches I committed myself to follow the rules and format as presented. This I did knowing what I could and could not do going in. Simple and easy. If there was a part I did not like, I would not have flown. And if all follow the same rules as presented with no gaming the game, it would be fair to all. Simple clean fun for all! The way RB should be flown.

Thoughts?

Fog
Harry

Post by Harry »

FogelGT.... STOP EATING THE ALUMINUM POTS!!!

You realize you used the word "simple" three times in your short, to the point and "Simple" post?

Simple eh? Now, could it be just a simple plan to simply remove the "ifs", "mays", "mights" or "possibles" and simply replace them with something as simple as "will" and "will not" or even simplier "yes" and "no". Just think for a moment, how simple that simply looks? Notice the none similarities between "may/if/might" and "will/will not"? Or how about the real simple similar similarities of "yes" and "no" almost as simple as "black" and "white" or another similarity as in "off" or "on". "Yes" you may sprinkle a little "black" pepper "on" my eggs, but please scrape "off" the burnt stuff from my "white" bread toast. And lastly, "no" I will not have kippers with my toast, thank you. Better this simple answer then to have to the poor cook wondering if your from the funny farm tour group who was left behind at the diner... "well,... I "might" have an egg... "if" its a chicken egg. Or "if" its "possible" I "might" be interested in the "possibilites" of having some green eggs and ham, "if" its "possible" to have them delivered by one fish, two fish or "maybe" a green fish?" ( course the diners in the greater Jersey area know this person all to well... eh Fogs? )
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

harry,

your post makes my head hurt. :shock:
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Instead of simple I think Harry would have preferred words like idiotproof, mindless, quick, straightforward, unchallenging, uncomplicated; apparent, clear, clear-cut, distinct, evident, manifest, obvious, open-and-shut, palpable, patent, perspicuous, plain, transparent, unambiguous, unequivocal, unmistakable.

Now think for a minute, if someone was translating my post they would already know "simple".

Rather idiotproof don't you think?

Fog
RAC_Arnold Layne

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

S! Harry

You really must brush up on your Dr. Seuss references.Everyone knows it's "one fish two fish red fish blue fish"
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke

Return to “Other Tournament Development”