War Forces Planning

Post here with your ideas to design a new or old tournament the way you want it done or think it should be done.
Flybert

Re: War Forces Planning

Post by Flybert »

There is no reason for teams to report active dromes

RBSMon easily shows which dromes are used, so one can presume the first 4 taken are that teams home dromes

Scorekeeper has to check dromes used regardless so ..

One less rule .. less time spent for everyone .. scorekeeping done faster because no wait or looking for an email reporting dromes
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, for anyone wanting to download a copy of the War Forces rules or maps, you can download them from here (these were from the last war forces):

War Forces VII Rules
in .RTF format, readable in MS word or wordpad
http://ww1aces.com/files/war_forces_7_rules_rtf.zip
or
in .TXT format, readable in MS word, wordpad or notepad
http://ww1aces.com/files/war_forces_7_rules_txt.zip

War Forces VII Maps
http://ww1aces.com/files/war_forces_7_maps.zip
Unzip these maps to the multi folder of RB3D usually located at C:\SIERRA\RedBaron3D\Data\Multi. To go back to the standard kneeboard maps, just remove these maps from the Multi folder or rename them.

US95Pickett
US95 Waldo P XO

Post by US95 Waldo P XO »

Its good to see all thats helping form, our next war. Only problem is the very people, that don't like the way our last war was played {{ARE NOT}} helping make this, our next effort. Lets hear from some Hun people please.

Waldo!!
RAC_Arnold Layne

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

:|
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

It may not be necessary for active dromes to be reported depending on how the rules read.

If the rules state:

A maximum of four (4) active dromes may be used at any one time by a team. Those active dromes determined to be destroyed must be abandoned and players moved to another already active drome or a new active drome established. The maxium number of players at an active drome at any one time are not to exceed six (6) players.

A player spawning from any drome not designated an active drome by their team and flies from that drome has either created a new active drome if the number of active dromes does not exceed four (4) or having failed to spawn at a correct active drome when the active dromes are four (4) in number will forfiet all points garnered and the drome is to be given the point value of an active drome.

My question then becomes which dromes were intended to be active and which dromes were used when dromes are destroyed so the proper players are not penalized. What dromes are used are all in the logs with a time stamp. That one player may fly from an errant drome before players fly from an already pre-determined active drome made by the team.

So knowing what dromes were intended to be active and those moved to just answers the question regardles of the time stamp of using any one drome. People end up at incorrect dromes and don't check. Many have done this as drome symbols can be quite close together on some maps. The key is to check your drome location and moving to the correct drome in the first five minutes of the match before hitting Tab. Hmmmm...I seem to be alone at this drome is a clue.

Determine the rules and then we can tell whether dromes need to be reported.

Fog
Harry

Post by Harry »

RBSMon easily shows which dromes are used, so one can presume the first 4 taken are that teams home dromes

Scorekeeper has to check dromes used regardless so ..
So the scorekeeper ( poor bastide ) has to mull over pages of logs to determine original 4 dromes and then check for illegal spawners? What happens when a team fields enough pilots to grab 6 or more dromes to start with? Which 4 actives are to be determined? Seems it would be easier (was gonna use the "simple" word...) to have home dromes and alternates posted after the match, as it was done in the past. Would be a whole lot less arguing/lawyering if we stick with original rule of post-posting of actives/alternates.
Its good to see all thats helping form, our next war. Only problem is the very people, that don't like the way our last war was played {{ARE NOT}} helping make this, our next effort. Lets hear from some Hun people please.
Good post herr Waldo, glad you did it and not I for some would take it the wrong way. Anyways, perhaps our dear freinds across the pond ( non- queen's english speaking friends) need a translation of the rules? Or a spokesman to post their input?

Is there a German or Spanish version of the rules anywhere?
Harry

Post by Harry »

I'm stuck in the bush until Sept 18th, I will go over the rules again and make my suggestions later. Its been raining here since last Tuesday, so much mud and rain and large puddles, I'm having nightmares at bedtime. Just don't see how some thinks its fun to go four-wheelin and mud boggin... When one does it 24/7 it gets real old fast!!! forecast is more rain at least for another week or more... maybe with luck... we'll see a quick freeze... ah winter time ... smooth roads.. cooler temparatures and no friggin bugs!!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Salute!

Rules for WF:
section II. Explanation Summary

WF is suppose to run 8 weeks, if we are switching sides are we going to run 16 weeks?
I like 2.5hr matches the longer the better.

section III. Rules

"Fighters/Scouts can machine gun ground and airborne bombers." Isn't shooting bombers on the ground "vulching" and one of the complaints form the "few" during RBWars?

"Fighters/Scouts cannot destroy ground targets." Now cannot destroy ground targets...hmmm but they can shoot at.. say "machine gun nests" as long as the target is not destroyed by them, akin to sharing a kill if the bomber dudes destroy the target legally, its ok?

"Players cannot land anywhere except a freindly areodrome....."
Can the mons/logs actually see a pilot, say "sitting out a kill" ?
What about those that take the "quick" way home to re-arm, those that crash so as to quickly return to home drome re-arm and bomb?

section VI. Scoring/Inquirys

I say do away with paragraph 2, 3 and 4.. don't need TRs, alternates, FMs, SFM. Take the score as is let the Mons do the talking, be a whole lot friendlier without the arguing!!

section VII. WF?? Staff

Do we really need SFM, FM and Score keeper, doesn't the "game logs" do the trick?

For sake of arguing/lawyering, post the infraction(s) for all to see, then leave it up each team to assign laterine duty to the gilty party/parties. No need to argue the "minus" points or look for a counter, the logs caught the infracrtion, so leave it at that!?

What say ye and those that haven't spoke up as of yet, but did the loudest nay saying at the last toruney!?

FragelGT ROCKS!!
*ÅÅ* Trouble4u

Post by *ÅÅ* Trouble4u »

S!,

When I wrote the rules for WF7 I did it with what can and can't be done with RBSmons. For example you can tell if a scout destroys a target but you can't tell if he shoots at it. You can tell if a scout drops a bomb or shoots a rocket. You can pin point the spot on the map he drops a bomb.

The rules that Mt Pickett has posted here are a bastardized rewrite of the ones I wrote combining mine with the old set so they really are a mess. I don't think I have a copy of what originally wrote.

Things like drome usage would be easier to handle by allowing teams to use as many dromes as they'd like. Say a team uses 8 dromes, RBSMons records this and those bases can be pluged into the scoring program so they all would gain the other team the bounus points if they destroy any of those activated dromes.

Also RBSMons will record when a player moves to a new drome and it will tell you if the player moved because that drome was destroyed or if his move was illegal.

If the move was illegal, You will run into the problem that some players will say it was damaged and I thought it may be destroyed. This comes up every year. Really theres a couple ways to handle it. The 1st way is make the rule rigid, move from a base that isn't recorded as dead and here's your penalty. Or the second way I see is review it. Its not sure easy to review but it is possible to look at the logs and find who if anyone attacked the drome and how much they dropped on it, if someone(s) drop a dozen bombs on a 6 hange drome and its not destroyed the player who moved has a case that it looked down so they moved.

As I've said all you need to do to end the bickering is write the rules in such a way that the logs back up your rules. You can make a rule that every pilot must wear pink bunny slippers for the 1st hour if you really want, its your game. BUT how can you enforce it when there's no way to record it?
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

Hey Trouble!! Long time no see. You ever finish yer jail time in Dayton last year when you tried to outrun Officer Friendly? LOL You are the MAN : O

Personally Trub, I think the pink bunny slippers would look good with the black kilt, what do you think?

I'm in for the bunny slippers!

S! JGS4Jakoby34B[_LT/color]

Return to “Other Tournament Development”