Data question

General forum of the Red Baron War series
FegalGT

Data question

Post by FegalGT »

-SALUTE!-

A question for those with a little knowledge.

How much data (Mbs or Gigs) would you expect a person to use while playing RB for say 1 hour?
FogelGT

Re: Data question

Post by FogelGT »

I thought we went through this before.

You should have a page your internet provider has on your account showing the status of usage. Check this before flying RB. Then fly for a few hours. Then check it after you leave. This should show you how much you used.

In my case, the amount doesn't change much at all as RB doesn't send and receive that much data. Nothing close to flying say IL-2 or Rise of Flight and even then I would not come close to hitting the limit. I use about 3% of my allowed amount in any given month. This includes all internet activity.

It would help if we knew what actually is happening on your end. What your monthly allowance is and how much your ISP is saying you use. On my ISP if I go over the amount allowed I would get a warning letter and if it continues, they would drop me. But to reach the limit on my account I would have to be running servers and other programs that constantly send and receive data. It is a bandwidth issue for some ISP's.

Fog
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...wow....some IP's really do that ???....I use Verizon w/MSN Premium (and no, I dont pay for it, part of my living arangement), and they never say squat....(Id know because the one paying would be bishin at me)...and Im on a T2 line as well...(one of the few joy's Im allowed)...
I guess mebbe its the smaller ISPs that closely monitor that stuff ?
If'n ya dont mind posting it, who's yer ISP Mr.P (we can find out easy enough anyway, lol).... :lol: ;)
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

I think Mr. P is on the New Zealand Pony Express. But then I could be wrong.

In my case I am on Comcast but they do monitor usage.

Fog
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

Hi Fogel, Check the date on my post.
Its been here a while, Before we spoke.

-SALUTE!- Mr P
and or Fodder
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

As Harry would say, ALZHEIMER'S has kicked in.

:cry:

Fog
FegalGT

Post by FegalGT »

Ill start to worry when you forget how to start RB

Return to “General”