should we change the plane match up of N24 vs D7?

Problems or suggestions for the Red Baron War series? Post here.

which plane match up do you think is fair?

Spad 13 vs DR1 or D7
No votes
N28 vs DR1 or D7
20%
Camel vs DR1 or D7
No votes
Snipe vs DR1 or D7
No votes
SE5 vs DR1 or D7
No votes
N24 vs D7
10%
Sop Triplane vs DR1
No votes
N28 and Camel vs DR1 and D7
10%
N28 and Snipe vs DR1 and D7
10%
other plane match up
50%

Total votes: 10

US95Pickett

should we change the plane match up of N24 vs D7?

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I've been advised by several allied pilots that in their opinion, the N24 is very inferior to the Fokker D7 and the match up between the N24 and the D7 is unfair.

I don't want to be unfair in the plane match ups and would like your opinion by taking this poll. If the majority of those voting want a different plane match up, then we can make that change very easily. But I want the opinion of the German pilots too, not just the Allied pilots who are not happy with the N24.

We can also have 2 planes per side if you want but I'd prefer to keep it that any plane can bomb and not have a designated bomber (easier for scoring and log checks that way).

Plane changes this close to the start of the war tournament is easy to make if they are fair to both sides and both sides agree to it. But lets wait until this first short RBWar tournament is over and then we can make other changes to the RBWar format if necessary.
Swordfish

Re: should we change the plane match up of N24 vs D7?

Post by Swordfish »

How about N24 vs Alb D3?

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
US95 Waldo P XO

Post by US95 Waldo P XO »

Salute!!

I agree with Swordfish on the Alb3 and the N24. But if you want to keep the d7 then either the N28 or the Snipe. And i would go the Tripe and or the Camel V Dr1. I wouldn't fly anything as even with the Spad13 Its a tank and as long as you don't try turning, its in a class by itself. The Hun side has no plane like it.

Waldo!!
RAC_Draegon

Post by RAC_Draegon »

They do have the Pfalz, which is only slightly slower than the Spad 13, but the guns seem better on the Pfalz.

I used to chase Sourkraut out of the servers using a Pfalz, and Gromet got to be quite the menace in one.

The drawback is of course the huge head hitbox.
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...N24 vs D3 is almost the ultimate matchup....when I flew with the PJ666, who were an Alb squad, that how we always practiced...N17 vs D2, and N24 vs D3.....
Besides, a good D3 pilot can outfly a D7 anyday.....certain Alb D3 pilots can outfly the n28 as well...very few though....
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...."survey shows...."...... ;)
RAC_POPS

Post by RAC_POPS »

S! all i agree with swordfish...n24 vs d3 thats a real good match up this n24 vs d7 is a joke
lets even the playing field,,, we did real good sat with excellent planning,, that turned the tide,,,,WELL DONE SIRS!!!
US95~Willowmaker

Post by US95~Willowmaker »

Salute. I think the d7 and the n28 is a pretty close match. for what it is worth. :lol: W.M.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Triple Vs Triple 8-)
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...D7 vs N28, actually, N28 has advantage....but you can barely bomb with them since so fast....(screw us bombers, right ?)...
Lets go back to more basics (screw the fighter types)...I still say N17/24 vs D2/D3...and that STILL gives Huns advantage...since the Albs had dual Spandaus and were more durable....honestly, especially the way targets on the Verdun map are laid out, N24 vs D2 would be the fairest, and historically accurate.....if they cry, give em the D3 which is weaker, but faster.

Return to “Help and Suggestions”