RAC_BigBertha

Re: COLD WAR OR FAW

Post by RAC_BigBertha »

S!

Flying Coffins! ;)
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...Pops...bro....watch the caps, eh ?..... ;)

...I'll do either...heard from J30 Gunter that we got full permission to fly Flying Coffins (compliments to Pickett)...I also have written permission from Von Deutchmaark to run CW if I want...

Lets have a proper vote...I actually prefer CW since AFM, and I have WvW's GOOD FM before Swamp messed it up....we could insert that....but Im fine with either....loved em both !!!
Lederhosen

Post by Lederhosen »

Salute

I'd prefer another FAW. Maybe because of the size of active pilots we could stay in comms this time...without telling everyone when you have an "N" lock etc.

Led
Harry

Post by Harry »

Wolfie... If you get a CW going, hopefully you will or can do something about the "indestructable Dr1" CW was pretty liked the skins and love AFM. But if CW has the same damage modes as pervious count me out. Not a fan of having or seeing a lone Dr1 take on 5 or more enemy aircraft, destroy all and run away without a mark!? Thats what pi$$ed me off about CW the most! Make it fair for all or don't do it at all! We all know the history.. how deadly the Dr1 or the Camel were to the pilots of WW1...

I'd rather do flyin coffins.
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

I'd rather do Flying Coffins too, with FAW as my second choice because I've never tried it. I don't like the FM of the late period Cold War planes.

I have actually put up a test and practice server for Flying Coffins, see my other post in the Game Development section.

You can find rules and custom map on my Flying Coffins page: http://www.rb3d.net/Swordfish/fc.htm.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...yes, the newest CW DMs and even the FMs were a bit slanted, I agree...I would set up something with a certain FM I was given(by the writer) during testing (wasnt the final, but IMO best)...Im also going to ask for Flybert's input on this because seems as though he figured out a few of the problems with the one I have....
...but I figure we'd do FC first since its basically ready to go out of the package, and in that time I'd work on CW, and if not done in time, do FAW in between...
Past years Ive also been working on an Alpine package for the full Alsace map, one even beyond....I may get that done too...gonna be a bad winter here, so will be housebound...31" in 6 hrs last storm, with high winds...lotsa time on my hands...
That should keep us all flying for quite some time methinks !.... :D
RAC_Draegon

Post by RAC_Draegon »

I'm up for anything...lol

I really enjoyed CW, and if you ever flew the Dr1 in it, you know it was not indestructible, and was difficult to fly.

It was just 3-4 pilots who preferred to fly a different FM than the rest of us. :evil:

I could and did drill every Dr1 out of the sky easily in a Spad VIII. 8-)

My problem with CW was the early bombers looping and turning like jet fighters compared to our early planes, but things evened out in the later years.

I liked FAW and Flying Coffins as well.
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
Harry

Post by Harry »

I really enjoyed CW, and if you ever flew the Dr1 in it, you know it was not indestructible, and was difficult to fly.

It was just 3-4 pilots who preferred to fly a different FM than the rest of us.

I could and did drill every Dr1 out of the sky easily in a Spad VIII.
(section of post deleted by the Admin)... you weren't there to see 5 spads go against a lone Dr1 flown by a certain pilot. This Dr1 was indestructible and had unlimited ammo as, each of the 5 spads were shot down at least twice in one sortie (this sortie went on for 26mins). Infact that same Dr1 and pilot which will remain nameless was twice collided by two different RAF pilots , and showed no damage! There were 3 RAF pilots (including RAF Reefer he is certainly no newb!), and 2 GA pilots including GA_Props and myself (and you know from first hand experience I am no Red Baron "newbie") (section of post deleted by the Admin) CW was great eye candy, but the FM was hacked!

Even a hacked plane can be brought down.... if the pilot is dumb enough to fly in a straight line! :?
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Harry and Draegon, my apologies to you both for deleting/editing of your posts. I hated to do it, but things were starting to get a bit too much heated and I didn't want things to go too far. Hopefully the tensions will lessen with the removal of the posts that I deleted. Again, my apologies to you both.

You're both excellent pilots with far greater skills than I will ever have. Heck, I guess I could say that about most of the pilots here having greater skills than I :lol:

Whatever tournament format that everyone decides upon is fine with me for the next tournament (end of RBWar 6 concludes in just 3 more weeks). :D

Return to “General”