Snow ?....what snow ????

General forum of the Red Baron War series
PatGarrett

Snow ?....what snow ????

Post by PatGarrett »

....dunno what everyone's squaking about...I only got 31" in 6 hrs, lolol....just another day in upstate NY.... :lol:

....thats a full sized K-1500 Blazer in the lower pic, lol....WAS a Blazer anyway.... :shock:

...no, I didnt move to Siberia like I said I might....may as well though, more work there...
Harry

Re: Snow ?....what snow ????

Post by Harry »

Great pics wolfie... reminds me of my younger days, building snow forts and tunnels out on the East coast of New Brunswick, Canada.

As for that Russian place... Siberia, you may like it better at least less snow in Siberia. Just as in Northern Canada (NWT, Yukon...) Siberia is actually classified as "DESERT" due to lack of preicpitation, the snow you see in Siberia/Northern Canada is snow from 10,000yrs ago that just gets blown around. But, i doubt you could take the temaparatures up here or over there anyways!
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Actually Harry, my dream home is in the Alberta Rockies...cold doesnt bother me as much as humidity does...when I was in the NY Adirondacks, air was dry, and in 10 deg F weather, I was out in a t-shirt to start my car....
Tough to get into Canada anymore though...Russia would be easier for me since Im 1st gen and 100% Russian (speak, read, write fluently)...my uncle was even sent to Siberia by the Soviets....he couldda came back, but choose to stay...economy is booming in Siberia too....and there's gold out yonder too ;) ...I'd need to get ridda all my tools, antiques and such if I did that...if I went to Canada, could keep em all....rather do that...heck, Alaska once belonged to Russia...
...who am I kiddin'...Im gonna die in this one-traffic-lite town.... :cry:

...Happy New Year bro.....
Harry

Post by Harry »

Commrad Wolfie!

I'd pound back a few ( hell a bottle) shots of wadka and Salute the New Year with ya... but in a dry camp right now! Its been around -34 deg C (-30 deg F) last few days, I won't mention the windchill... may frighten the weaker "southerners". Those Alberta Rockies will keep ya warmer then where I'm at, the rockies tend to hold onto the warm Pacific air from the west, nice weather great piles of "dry" snow, good for skiing and sledding (ski-doos eh?... not dog sleds). Jasper (National park) is my favorite place in the World!!

PS. you know its frackin cold when ya jump into yer truck and it takes 14 miles of road just to get the flat spots out of the tires...
You know its frackin cold when it takes more then two sets of arms to turn the steering wheel...
You know its frackin cold when the exhaust from the truck's tailpipe doesn't just billow out but falls out of the pipe as ice chunks...
You know its frackin cold when you see Moose, Deer, Caribou and Wolves all huddled together to keep warm...

.... and Winter just started 10 days ago.... the worse has yet to come!!!! :?

Happy New Years!!
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...oh....no no no my friend....not comerade...Im a 100% Czarist Russian...we hate the communists and Bolsheviks....but anyway....speaking of Alberta...Jasper, Banff, etc...thought you might enjoy this....
And what "camp" you in ?...logging ??....I used to be a logger...or are you one of them gas/oil hounds ?... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cykMCpMv ... 36&index=3
JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT

Post by JGS4JAKOBY34B_LT »

S! Pat, Harry, Happy New Year!

Ahhh, Skokie Lodge...beautiful hike up and down. Spent two days there.

S! Jakoby
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

Life sure is a beach!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Geez Fogel... whats with the Sand, Beach and palm trees... perfectly good post aboot winter fun eh? and you gotta post the phoney stuff!!! geez eh?

Harry

Post by Harry »

yup!! its dang cold!!!

Harry

Post by Harry »

Frosty morning sunrise...

Return to “General”