NonoNano

Re: IMPORTANT: New TeamSpeak 3 Server as of January 12, 2011

Post by NonoNano »

!!! it doesent work under win98 !!! :cry:
DHO'!!! lol
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

So, the root of these changes lie in IL-2 ?...I hate it even more now...nothing against you Pickett, or IL-2, but this is RB...your server, your calls though...no ill...
I wont be able to do it before the match, but I'll try to set up a TS in my second comp...I have a great connection too...30 down, 9 up....but if it ends up affecting my gameplay, I'll take it down.
Besides, a good team, "the well oiled machine", shouldnt need voicecoms...J3 even forbade it. If all know their places before match begins, then a few typed texts as to nme location is all thats needed.
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Note : I started a thread w/o map though in the Allied forum as per Fly's suggestion, all Allies please check.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, PatGarrett, the root of these changes were NOT in IL2....

I upgraded the TeamSpeak server to the version 3 with the specific intention of providing a better TeamSpeak server for RBWar; I didn't realize there were several pilots that were using an OS that wasn't compatible with TeamSpeak3 or that TeamSpeak3 didn't support Win 98 or Win ME.

If you have internet speeds of 30MB down and 9MB up, then you have an internet connection speed that is greater than that of a T-3 line (and much greater than a T-1 line). You have more than enough bandwidth to provide a game server, teamspeak server, web server, etc. for the RB Community and have plenty of bandwidth left over for other functions.

I would suggest that you do just that.

After the completion of RBWar 6, I won't be running any more RB tournaments for the foreseeable future.
RAC_Arnold Layne

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

I also may have to just use chat sunday.I'm going to download TS3 on my old comp that I use to fly RB.This one I use for IL-2 and have TS3 on but RB doesn't run on it.Hopefully TS3 will work just fine.Eather way I'll see ya'all there sunday.
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke
Muttley

Post by Muttley »

S! All

I turned on my old Win98 TS2 Server and it seems to be running well. We have used it in the past for one Team in War Forces, Flying Coffins, etc. so it was up to hosting around 16 players well. Here are the details if we would like to use it for one Team in RB War - I've created sub channels for either side:

IP and Port:
74.92.238.174:8767

Password:
hunfun

Please let me know if anyone has issues with the server, thanks and S!
S! Muttley
US95~Willowmaker

Post by US95~Willowmaker »

Salute Pickett. I am enjoying the wars very much. I appreciate your time and all the work and money u use. These rb wars are the only thing keeping this game running. Would be a big loss if this game ends. I don't think people mean to complain, just venting. If I can help with expenses or anything Let me know. I do appreciate your time and patience with us all. :) W.M. :mrgreen:
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

Please note Pickett, Sir...my comment was not meant to be an insult to you. Just that the past few matches, a few individuals keep jabbering on about IL2 on voicecoms during the match, therefore whenever i hear "IL2" it bothers me...
Was no insult to you sir, believe me. If not for your hosting these wars, I'd be staring out my window twiddling my thumbs. Sorry if my statement was misunderstood.
RAC_Draegon

Post by RAC_Draegon »

PIckett has also provided a TS2 server,

74.41.223.182:9595

no password

Thanks Pickett and Muttley! :D
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

As far as I can tell, the TS3 client available for download is still a beta version.

Thus, IMHO it is a bit premature to switch the voice comm system and I do not think it is appropriate to so it in the middle of an ongoing tournament, in particular since I do not know of any serious complaints on TS2 which seems to work on all current RB3D platforms.

Having said that, I fully understand that I may look like an old fossile who still runs on Win98SE, and that it is of interest to the community to test and evaluate TS3 and possible other voice comm alternatives.

I will install TS3 on my XP system to try it out, but I do not want to do it until it has left the beta stage.

And as long as my Win98SE flying PC runs RB3D better than my XP system (I am having XP Glide wrapper problems that convert my flying sessions to slide shows after a while), I will prefer Win98SE with good fps and no voice comm to XinXP with voice comm but no fps.

But don't let that stop a switch to TS3 if the majority of pilots want it.
I'll be happy to fly on chat, it's not a big handicap for bombers since we normally give the fighters priority on TS anyway.

Finally, I want to thank Pickett and Muttley for keeping TS2 servers running for us old fossiles! :D

Best regards
S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish

Return to “General”