IMPORTANT: New TeamSpeak 3 Server as of January 12, 2011

General forum of the Red Baron War series
US95Pickett

IMPORTANT: New TeamSpeak 3 Server as of January 12, 2011

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, effective today, January 12, 2011, I have upgraded the RBWar TeamSpeak server from TeamSpeak2 to TeamSpeak3. The TeamSpeak server address has changed, but the password is the same for the new server.

You will need to download TeamSpeak3 to connect to the new TeamSpeak3 server; you will NOT be able to connect to the new TeamSpeak3 server with the old TeamSpeak2.

For more information, go to this forum thread: http://ww1aces.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=263

NOTE: If you are running Windows 2000 Professional, you may get an error about some missing .dll files when starting TeamSpeak 3 after installing it. If you do, let me know and I'll send you the .dll files that are needed for Windows 2000. (My RB computer is running Windows 2000 Pro and received the error; took me awhile to figure out how to fix it, but once you have the needed files, it's easy to fix).
US95~Willowmaker

Re: IMPORTANT: New TeamSpeak 3 Server as of January 12, 2011

Post by US95~Willowmaker »

:cry: When I downloaded TS3 to my windows ME, it just said they were expecting a more recent windows program. :roll: W. M. I will have to be the silent stalker. :)
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

Does TS3 run on Win98 SE? :?:
If not, I may have to stick to the chat as well. :(
I want to fly tournament matches on my best RB3D machine, which has Win98 SE with Voodoo 5500.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I just checked the system requirements for TeamSpeak 3 and found out that it does not support NT, Win98 or WinME (only TeamSpeak 2 does); TeamSpeak 3 only supports Windows 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista or 7.

Well, guess I screwed up by upgrading to the TeamSpeak 3 version, but the upgrade was with the best of intentions. TeamSpeak 3 sound quality if much better than TeamSpeak 2 and it has extra features not found in TeamSpeak 2, but that doesn't help, if it leaves some pilots without a voice-com to stay in touch with their team-mates. My apologies to Willowmaker and Swordfish.
RAC_Draegon

Post by RAC_Draegon »

I guess I'm off of comms as well, I still run WinME for RB3D. :cry:

Personally, I've never had a problem with sound quality on TS2.
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
Lederhosen

Post by Lederhosen »

Salute,

any of you guys use Ventrillo?

my Il2 Squad uses that one. Not sure if its free though.
Still, I have TS2 and TS 3 on my computer and can use either one...if that helps

Led
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, both TeamSpeak and Ventrilo are free to download and install (both server and client software). I'm not that familiar with Ventrilo; TeamSpeaks free license allows you to run 1 TeamSpeak server with 32 slots (32 people/pilots can connect to the server), if you want more than 1 server or 32 slots, you have to get a license/pay for the extras (for either version, TeamSpeak 2 or 3).

I can't afford to run both a dedicated TeamSpeak 2 and TeamSpeak 3 server, along with the cost of the gaming server, web server, etc.

However, if one of you wanted to host a TeamSpeak 2 server yourself or lease a TeamSpeak 2 server, please do so and post the information for all. The one thing about either of the voice comms (TeamSpeak/Ventrilo), they require a LOT of bandwidth, so unless you have a large bandwidth home connection, you'd be better off to lease a TeamSpeak 2 server.

Post if one of you is willing to provide a TeamSpeak server for us.
US95~Willowmaker

Post by US95~Willowmaker »

:) Salute. I can fly as well without voice chat, just need to know where to go before game starts, Which could be done in practice server on sq chat or can ask as soon as I enter the game. ;) Not a biggie. W.M.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I've turned on the old US95th TeamSpeak2 server. You can log into it at:
74.41.223.182:9595 (no password; this teamspeak2 server will not be running 24/7)

NOTE: The bandwidth for this US95th teamspeak2 server is limited; although the free teamspeak2 server version has 16 slots max (as opposed to 32 slots max for the free teamspeak3 server version), I doubt very much that the old US95th teamspeak2 server will be able to sustain 16 pilots in it because of the limited bandwidth. So if someone else will host or lease a teamspeak2 server, please do so and let us know about it.
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

this does create a problem for the Allied team ( though I have both TS2 and TS3 on my XP machine and TS3 is much better, particularly with IL-2 which does have problems with TS2)

suggestions ..

Allied team should plan bases in our Allied forum

Drae .. you seem to have another computer besides your RB machine, can you run both on the same connect ? .. if you have wireless on broadband this would be very easy .. even a patch cable and internet sharing could do it ..

Return to “General”