Rise of Flight - hey Fogel......

general forum about Rise of Flight
US95Pickett

Rise of Flight - hey Fogel......

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, we were all wondering about the pilot named Aelyshe last night flying in the US95th Server #2 for beginners and intermediate skill level pilots...

Well, we had a "ringer" in the server with us (currently ranked as #27 of 1,000 listed pilots) :lol:

from the Leaderboards of the Rise of Flight website:

Code: Select all

rank     nickname     name in forum     hours flying RoF     kills/death    country     points
27       Aelyshe	      Aelyshe 	       978 h 14 m 	       3.18 	       USA 	  453732
*ÅÅ* Trouble4u

Re: Rise of Flight - hey Fogel......

Post by *ÅÅ* Trouble4u »

I've flown with her, she's very good. and a nice kid too.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Trouble4u, I thought you had abandoned WW1 and was only flying WW2 in IL2 with Tiger. What pilot name do you fly under in Rise of Flight?

It doesn't matter if Aelyshe is a 12 year old adolescent female pilot or a 42 year old adult male who is impersonating a 12 year old adolescent female pilot online ;) I found it amusing that a pilot, who is rated the 27th best pilot out of 1000 pilots, would choose to compete in a server that is essentially a newbie server instead of flying in one of the advanced servers against experienced pilots :lol:
US95Pickett
*ÅÅ* Trouble4u

Post by *ÅÅ* Trouble4u »

When I get over there to RoF You can't miss me. I use the same name every where "Trouble4u". I like RoF and I've bought every new plane as soon as it comes out but I really don't play all much because you're right, Tiger keeps us pretty busy in the =AVG=.

I'm actually waiting for RoF to get it right. It's a heck of a WWI sim but its still not optimized enough to see 64 or more planes in a server and have a great ground battle going at the same time. And they really need to improve scoring. I love how you can score events in IL2.

I don't know why Aelyshe was there, probably curious. That and you all are a good bunch of people, your server will end up attracting lots of similar folks.
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

IF RoF has the bugs fixed and scoring that makes sense, might have something. Problem is as with IL2, we lose people. I for one am not ready to give up Red Baron, the sim all other WW1 sims will be measured against.

Aelyshe appears on the US95th servers and I think checks the stats before picking a side. Seems to pick the easy side so I discount her/his/its stats at this point. Doesn't really matter as I am in the learning process and need better pilots to go up against.

Still waiting for RoF to prove itself before I spend more money on it and TrackIR. Enough planes in the Iron Cross Edition to learn to fly.

Time will tell.

Fog
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, from what I understand from Rise of Flight, they (777 Studios) don't plan on improving the server logging so that matches and tournaments can be scored by the server ops. It is going to be left the way it is: scoring only for their central score boards by their central data server that the various RoF servers send their data to. It appears their main business plan now is to create and then sell lots of individual planes. I have all of the available planes as of now, but I doubt I will be buying any more.

Rise of Flight has huge potential, has great eye candy and the 777 Studios team is still improving the game with patches. But unfortunately, it doesn't have the number of pilots flying online the way that RBII/RB3D and IL2 had when they were released (IL2 still has large numbers of pilots flying on the various servers every night). Last night at 8:30pm est, there was only a total of 10 pilots flying in all of the various RoF servers available. Sometimes there are a lot more pilots flying and sometimes the number of pilots in the RoF servers are sparse. I guess most of the pilots buying RoF are flying in offline/SP mode?

I personally prefer the WW1 flight sims, but a new WW2 flight sim: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is going to be released in a couple months - March 2011. It looks to be an excellent WW2 flight sim and the hardware requirements aren't as high as Rise of Flight, so it should be flyable on lesser machines.

Fogel is right about Rise of Flight:
FogelGT wrote:Time will tell.
*ÅÅ* Trouble4u

Post by *ÅÅ* Trouble4u »

Thats too bad about the scoring. I'm not the biggest fan of the leaders board.

I've already ordered IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. I'm excited for it. RoF's business plan with that leader board will be the death of it I think. With out allowing the users to create their own game it will quickly become boring.
FogelGT

Post by FogelGT »

One note on scoring in RoF:

777 has stated they reserve the right to zero any and all scores. Something afoot here.

Fog
EasyTarget

Post by EasyTarget »

Salute All!

Its nice to see, that some of my old friends from RB3D are flying RoF!

Which day are You flying RoF and at what time?

Are You using some TS3? If yes, can I have the PSW - please PM if its secure.

I would like to fly with You ;)

I am usually flying on Tuesday and Thursday at 21 GMT+1 until 24. At this time were tournaments in RBWL.

Salute from EasyTarget!
Salute from EasyTarget!
EasyTarget

Post by EasyTarget »

Salute All!

There is J99 server in RoF. Its open for all :mad2:

I would like to see You there :wink2:
Salute from EasyTarget!

Return to “General”