Flying Coffins Fun Day on Saturday, 5 Mar 2011 at 21:00 CET

General forum of the Flying Coffins tournaments

Moderator: Flying Coffins Moderators

Swordfish

Flying Coffins Fun Day on Saturday, 5 Mar 2011 at 21:00 CET

Post by Swordfish »

Welcome to another Flying Coffins Fun Day on Saturday, 5 Mar 2011 at 21:00 CET (3:00 pm EST)! :twisted:

Rules and more info can be found on Swordfish's Flying Coffins web page.

PLEASE note that from now on, the following rules for plane selection apply in the FC Fun Days (see the discussion about Flying Coffins rules in the Game Development section):
  • ALL 7 plane slots on each side must be used before repeating the plane choices. A maximum of two planes of each type may be used by each team.
  • Each team force may have a maximum of 7 pilots in each of the South/North sectors.
  • Only one plane of each type may be used in each sector (South/North)
[/b]
The FC game uses stock Red Baron 3D, no patches are needed to fly but you may find it useful to install the custom map available on my FC page (see link above).

Date and time: Sat 5 March, 2011, 21:00 - 22:45 CET.
Server: Flying Coffins Fun Day
Password: graveyard

We use J9_Muttley's TS2 server for voice comm,
IP and Port: 74.92.238.174:8767
Password: hunfun

Welcome!
S!wordfish
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
FogelGT

Re: Flying Coffins Fun Day on Saturday, 5 Mar 2011 at 21:00

Post by FogelGT »

If I understand this correctly, when there are a total of 7 pilots on each side there cannot be a duplication of planes in the North and South Sectors on either side.
ALL 7 plane slots on each side must be used before repeating the plane choices. A maximum of two planes of each type may be used by each team.
Then it would follow a plane can only be duplicated when there are 8 or more on a side regardless of flying out of the North or South Sectors. In other words, all 7 plane choices must be used regardless of Sector on a side when only 7 players are on a side.
Only one plane of each type may be used in each sector (South/North)
Here it appears to divide a side by Sector allowing both the North and South to use the same plane when all 7 planes are not being used by a side. Possibly this rule should be written this way:

Only one plane of each type may be used in any sector (South/North) and only after all 7 planes of each type are in use by both sectors can a plane be duplicated in any one sector of a side and only in the sector where the plane type is not already in use.

In other words, all 7 plane types must be used by both sectors of a side before two of any one plane type can be used. If an Alb. D.III is being used by the North Sector and an eighth pilot comes in, they may fly an Alb. D.III from the South Sector IF all 7 plane types are in use. Is this correct?

It appears this is not what happened last weekend. Mainly bombers were used in both sectors on both sides at the beginning of the match. Correct me if this was not the case.

Oh just shoot me S!wordfish. :?

Fog
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

S! Fogel,

I will be happy to shoot you whenever I can get you into my gunsight! :twisted: :mrgreen:

But seriously, it is correct that in the Fun Day on Feb 26 we played according to the original FC tournament rules posted on my FC web page and mainly bombers were used by both sides.

There was a discussion about the plane selections on TS before the game, but I did not want to change the rules at such short notice just before the game. A discussion about the rules followed in the Game Development forum section, and the new Fun Day rules are a result of this discussion. We will see how it works out.

Your interpretation of the new Fun Day plane selection rules is also correct.
The extended formulation of the last rule that you suggest is not necessary IMHO, I think it already follows by combining the three rules.

Thank you for your input, and please join the FC rules discussion in the Game Development section if you have more comments or suggestions regarding the FC rules.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

This was the way I thought it was anyway .. seemed to me the *spirit* of the FC rules were that all the different plane types were to be used before duplicates .. but I just went with the flow in TS ..

Return to “General”