Plane selection

check here for game development of the Flying Coffins tournaments

Moderator: Flying Coffins Moderators

CannonGT

Plane selection

Post by CannonGT »

Here are some thoughts on the plane selection problem. A system which is as automatic as possible would take some of the stress out of this. We list the planes, south and north, first by bomber in order of strength and next scouts in order of strength. For example, the allied list would look like this:

1. N24 – South
2. N24 - North
3. Pup - South
4. Pup – North
5. N17 – South
6. N17 – North
7. N28 – South
8. N28 – North
9. Camel – South
10. Camel – North
11. SE5a – South
12. SE5a – North
13. Spad7 - South
14. Spad 7 - North

(I'm assuming that I have lined up the scouts correctly in order of popularity). The first pilot to sign up gets the the N24 in the south. The second gets the N24 in the north, and so on. Bombers are taken first and if someone wants a specific plane before its number comes up on the list, they must coordinate with their team mates or watch the sign up board (like an E-Bay auction). No number jumping.

If someone signs up just before or after the game starts, they go to the sign up list on the forum and put their name in for the next available number. That way there is no confusion of what they have (for example, if there are 5 other pilots signed up, they get #6, the N17 in the north). No confusion about where to be and what plane is taken - the 6th pilot to sign up either takes the N17 in the north or waits until somebody else shows up and takes it. If we only have eight players, no one flies the Camel, Spad or SE5a. I think this satisfies the rules (still gettin' used to them). There would be a similar sign up sheet by preference and location for Hun.

Return to “Game Development”