Proposal for revised Flying Coffins rules

check here for game development of the Flying Coffins tournaments

Moderator: Flying Coffins Moderators

Swordfish

Proposal for revised Flying Coffins rules

Post by Swordfish »

Salute!

After reviewing the feedback I have received on the FC rules, I have decided to make the following proposal for new rules regarding team deployment and plane type selection (the other rules will remain essentially as they are).

Background
Today we have a smaller number of active squadrons and pilots compared to 2008 when the FC format was originally designed. For this reason, I have decided to switch to a simpler team structure with just two teams that switch sides between games.

In order to keep things simple, I have also decided to let each team deploy their pilots as they wish. The only limitation is max 7 pilots per active drome. This should enable the teams to try out more different strategies.

I do not want to dictate how each team distributes the available plane types between their pilots. This is outside the scope of the rules, and it is the responsibility of each team to decide on their own procedure (e.g. using squadron forums and/or TS before the game).

So, here's my proposal. If there are no violent protests backed up by some good arguments, I will rewrite the official FC rules accordingly and post them on my FC web page. Then we are ready to go. I suggest that we first start with a short tournament of e.g. 4 weeks to see how the rules work out.

Proposal
  • There are two teams, Team 1 and Team 2, one on each side (Allied/Central)
  • During the tournament, the two teams will rotate between the Allied and German side.
  • The team with the most accumulated points at the end of the Tournament wins.
  • Before each game, there will be a sign-up list for the match posted for each team. Sign-up in advance is recommended but not mandatory.
  • A maximum of 14 pilots per team are allowed in the game at any time.
  • If the number of pilots in the two teams is very unequal when a game starts, pilots from the team with numerical advantage are allowed to switch sides to make the teams more equal in size.
  • There are 7 types of aircraft available for each team to fly. (4 scouts and 3 bombers)
  • ALL 7 plane slots on each side must be used before repeating the plane choices.
  • A maximum of two planes of each type may be used by each team.
  • You must fly the same plane you pick for the entire game. No changing planes.
  • It is the responsibility of each team to define their own specific procedure(s) for distributing the available plane types between the participating pilots and to ascertain that the plane selection rules are followed.
  • Active Home Dromes (AHD) are the (4) rear Supply Dromes.
  • The maximum number of pilots that may be stationed at any one AHD is seven (7).
  • You must use the same AHD for the entire game. It doesn't matter if it gets destroyed or is hardened...don't change dromes.
  • If a team has more that 14 pilots in a game and they wish to rotate the pilots in and out, then any replacement pilot must use the AHD and plane type of the pilot that he replaces.
  • Repair dromes are the (3) airfields along the front and cannot be used as home dromes.
S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish

Return to “Game Development”