FC Tournament server problem!

General forum of the Flying Coffins tournaments

Moderator: Flying Coffins Moderators

Swordfish

FC Tournament server problem!

Post by Swordfish »

Salute!

I am worried that something is wrong with Rens tournament server. :?
For the last two days I have been unable to connect to the server pc, and Rens has not replied to my emails about it. :(
The tournament server was set up for a final test run last night, but it did not show up and I have not received any logs.
I know that Rens had a power failure during Easter, and I suspect that may be the root cause of the problem.

I have tried to set up a backup tournament server on my best pc at home, and hopefully it will run at 21:00 tonight as scheduled (I will not be at home tonight so I cannot start it manually). The backup server has a limited bandwidth connection (ADSL), but hopefully it's ok and better than nothing.

If you cannot see the "Flying Coffins Tournament Server", look for ""Flying Coffins Tournament Backup Server".
Password: graveyard

I am doing the best I can to resolve the server problem, but I cannot do anything until Rens has fixed the connection.

S!wordfish
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish
RAC_Arnold Layne

Re: FC Tournament server problem!

Post by RAC_Arnold Layne »

It worked just fine for me...We had no major drops.Maybe a couple but nothing out of the ordinary.
"It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph."
Edmund Burke
RAC_Draegon

Post by RAC_Draegon »

Ran smooth for me Swordfish, only 1 net flash after gamestart. :cool2:
"Live in the Air, Die in my Fire!" ;)
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

I timed out once about 15-20 minutes into the game after one long NET .. otherwise had no problem and did not see NET messages otherwise .. was not my ISP because I remained connected to TS
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

...worked well...had a just slightly lower FPS than usual, but no consequence (7fps less)....just was some ANNOYING background noise, constantly causing issues in open chat(?)....I could barely salute those who shot me or collided with me, there was so much clutter on the screen. But Im sure you'll look into the TC logs and solve the problem quickly and amicably. Perhaps was an outsider who didnt belong here perpetrating it. Had a fun time anyway, even in my 50mph Yugo, lol....
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

I am glad to hear that the backup server was good enough to fly on. :)
No reply yet from Rens, so I guess we'll have to stick with my server for the time being.

Preliminary scores are posted in the Scores section. It was a close game, hope you all enjoyed it.

S!wordfish
:cool2:
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
PatGarrett

Post by PatGarrett »

I'll push this week to get my server up and visible again this week Fisch (apartment inspection tomorrow, then rain until Thursday)...I have the connection, have the hardware, just need to figure the tweaks to get it seen. Im sure its just a port opening thing. If nothing else, perhaps I can run a Meta to replace Rens'...might help...but yours did fine !
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

I have been in contact with Rens, and his server should be up and running again. The problem seems to have been related to a reboot of the server, and now it's fixed. :)

But another backup server is always good to have. You never know when you might need one. 8-)

BR
Swordfish
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

Rens is currently having some problems with his game server PC, he has posted this at Wings-of-Valor:
Rens wrote: posted May 09, 2011 06:02 PM

S!
having some HW problems, with game server box.
hope to fix this somewhere next 2 days, depending on what the issue is.
running the meta on my desktop, which boots around 20:00 and shuts down somewhere past midnight

regds
rens
This proably explains the server and meta-server disconnection that we had during the FC3 week 2 match on Sunday 8 May.

If Rens' problems are not solved by Saturday, we will run the next FC3 match (week 2 replay) on my backup server. It seemed to be good enough in the Week 1 match.

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps

Return to “General”