Suggestions for RBWar 2

Problems or suggestions for the Red Baron War series? Post here.
US95Pickett

Suggestions for RBWar 2

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, please list your suggestions for what you'd like to see added for RBWar 2, including how soon you would like to start RBWar 2. But let's keep it as fair as possible for both teams ;)

Some things that have been suggested is a change in the plane lineup; a longer war; a shorter war; a war based on how many matches are won instead of by the total points scored for the war; add more targets; add more pilots.

But let's keep RBWar simple, enjoyable, fair and fun for all :mrgreen:

We can change the plane lineup for each match of a war or keep the plane lineup the the same throughout the matches of a war (and it doesn't have to be n24 v d7 as long as both sides agree to the plane lineup).

If you think the RBWar server was stable enough in RBWar 1, we can increase the number of pilots if you want (but there was a couple times that we didn't have full teams in RBWar 1).

And you can always email or send me a message with your suggestions for improving RBWar if you didn't want to post here.
US95Pickett
Kestrel

Re: Suggestions for RBWar 2

Post by Kestrel »

S!

With regards to number of pilots, my humble opinion is that 10 per side is probably the most that the server can accomodate. I had dozens of NET messages, some lasting over 3 seconds. I only ever see it like that when a server is near it's limit. I had a collision (with Pickett I think) in a merge that I was sure I had turned too early for. I think those are going to happen when the server is trying to keep up.

I liked the format and relatively simple format. Thank you very much for hosting RBWar.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Kestrel, the RBWar server is hosted in Texas and the TeamSpeak server is hosted in Virginia. The server was good for me, it was rare for me to receive a net (I live in West Virginia); however, I can see where it might cause problems for our brothers living in Europe. I'll check and see if it would be possible to switch the server from Texas to either Virginia or maybe New York, that may help game playability for our European brothers.

In regards to RBWar 2, what do you think of the following plane match-ups?

N11 v Halb D2 - Marne Map
N17 v Alb D2 - Flanders Map
N24 v Alb D3 and Alb D2 - Alsace Map
Sop Tripe v Fok DR1 - Verdun Map
Bullet v E3 - Island Map

We could make it so the team with the most wins will win the tournament (first team to win 3 matches out of the 5 matches wins) or we can keep it as whichever team scores the most points for the tournament wins.

We can start RBWar 2 when everyone wants it to start; this coming weekend or the following weekend or whatever schedule you want.
US95Pickett
RAC_BigBertha

Post by RAC_BigBertha »

S!

I'm ready to go again anytime! :)
US95 Waldo P XO

Post by US95 Waldo P XO »

I am ready to go again myself. I like all your airplane picks except the Halb- N11 match-up.

They match well, but i've never liked flying either one much. Oh and you might try something like you did in RBW1 with both sides flying 2 games as hun and then as allied.

Waldo!!
US95~Willowmaker

Post by US95~Willowmaker »

Ready :mrgreen: W.M.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Salute!

Pickette, like Waldo posted the plane line ups look great ... but unlike Waldo, I don't mind the N11. :P~~

lets get her done!!!
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

think you should set up Friday and Saturday evening matches, might really get interest up just having some group flying at these times on a server

9pm Eastern both nights .. maybe 8pm Sundays too
Flybert

Post by Flybert »

also .. stock AFM Camel vs Dr1 is a nice match without *uber* problems
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

US95Pickett wrote:In regards to RBWar 2, what do you think of the following plane match-ups?

N11 v Halb D2 - Marne Map
N17 v Alb D2 - Flanders Map
N24 v Alb D3 and Alb D2 - Alsace Map
Sop Tripe v Fok DR1 - Verdun Map
Bullet v E3 - Island Map
I like the idea of moving through different plane match-ups like in Warforces.
Your plane match-up list looks good, I have no experience from Tripe vs Dr1 fights but it could be interesting to try it.

However, the travel time to targets on the Alsace and Verdun maps is a bit too long for a 2h match. It's OK to have the dromes a fair distance behind the front, but there should be more targets close to the mud. May I suggest you relocate some far tgts to a position closer to the front?

S!wordfish 8-)
Lt. Swordfish
Royal Air Corps
http://wallenborg.se/swordfish

Return to “Help and Suggestions”